• IFSQN Associate
  • 40 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 29 January 2007 - 07:53 PM

Dear all:

Now I'm in the process of developing vendors/suppliers approval and control program. I set up all supply base requirements and expectation manual for our futher and existing vendors. Do you have an example so may be we can share some info. Does any one of you guys has implemented "raw material and packaging material receiving procedures" at your site? Please advise.

Thank you,
Jenny :smarty:

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,831 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 30 January 2007 - 10:09 PM

Dear all:

Now I'm in the process of developing vendors/suppliers approval and control program. I set up all supply base requirements and expectation manual for our futher and existing vendors. Do you have an example so may be we can share some info. Does any one of you guys has implemented "raw material and packaging material receiving procedures" at your site? Please advise.

Thank you,
Jenny :smarty:

Can any of the foodies help Jenny out? :helpplease:

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

YongYM

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 231 posts
  • 57 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia
  • Interests:Reading, Watching TV, Singing Karaoke & Sight-seeing

Posted 31 January 2007 - 02:41 AM

Hello Jenny:

For my company, we prepared a document call Incoming Raw / Packaging Material Test Plan (with revision number, effective date and total pages). Then we have a table listed with all the below:

§ Raw material or the Category

§ Control item / parameters

§ Acceptable tolerance

§ Frequency

§ Sampling size (usually based on the military sampling plan)

§ Equipment and method used (cross refer to your in-house working instruction or any external procedure)

§ Applicable documents (forms etc)

§ Responsibility

For any raw/ packaging material with special receiving procedure e.g. you have to undergo a magnetic separator, sieve etc, you can have a detail work instruction for it.

For course, you may need to have a so-called Raw / Packaging Material Specification for each of the raw / packaging material you have. You may need to list down:

§ Description of the raw / packaging material (you may want to put the photo as well)

§ Physical, chemical and microbiological properties

§ Specific delivery requirement & packing condition

§ Storage condition

§ Shelf-life

§ Specific requirement in labeling

§ Miscellaneous e.g. COA, MSDS, Kosher certificate, GRAS etc on quarterly / annually basis.

Am I answering your question? Hope to receive comments from others as well. Thank you.

Edited by YongYM, 31 January 2007 - 02:43 AM.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,831 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 31 January 2007 - 09:45 PM

Hello Jenny:

For my company, we prepared a document call Incoming Raw / Packaging Material Test Plan (with revision number, effective date and total pages). Then we have a table listed with all the below:

§ Raw material or the Category

§ Control item / parameters

§ Acceptable tolerance

§ Frequency

§ Sampling size (usually based on the military sampling plan)

§ Equipment and method used (cross refer to your in-house working instruction or any external procedure)

§ Applicable documents (forms etc)

§ Responsibility

For any raw/ packaging material with special receiving procedure e.g. you have to undergo a magnetic separator, sieve etc, you can have a detail work instruction for it.

For course, you may need to have a so-called Raw / Packaging Material Specification for each of the raw / packaging material you have. You may need to list down:

§ Description of the raw / packaging material (you may want to put the photo as well)

§ Physical, chemical and microbiological properties

§ Specific delivery requirement & packing condition

§ Storage condition

§ Shelf-life

§ Specific requirement in labeling

§ Miscellaneous e.g. COA, MSDS, Kosher certificate, GRAS etc on quarterly / annually basis.

Am I answering your question? Hope to receive comments from others as well. Thank you.

Whaddya think Jenny, how does this compare with what you propose?

Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Jenny

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 40 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 01 February 2007 - 05:28 PM

Dear Simon and YongYM:

Thank you so much for your help. It's very helpful.

Jenny :thumbup:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users