Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,841 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 18 August 2004 - 06:51 PM

I'm not sure what to make of it. It's a good concept but I think it either lacks substance or I'm lost. :dunno:

http://www.haccptown.com

What do you think?

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Charles Chew

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,178 posts
  • 54 thanks
Good

• Malaysia
    Malaysia
  • Interests:Food, food and food!

Posted 19 August 2004 - 05:22 AM

Simon,

Its just an annual award event but I think it is a good thing to have. It helps to create the little awareness for whatever it is worth.

I have always had great admiration for HACCP practices in Australia and New Zealand.

CharlesChew

Cheers,
Charles Chew
www.naturalmajor.com

Bonno

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 34 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral
  • Interests:Web design, Football (football team linked above), Music, Reading, Films - usual stuff really.<br /><br />Would like to give golf a try but have not got around to it yet.<br /><br />I have also heard that having weekends off is quite good, so intend to give that a try soon and see if I like it!

Posted 06 September 2004 - 08:15 AM

My initial impression of this site is that its been set up to appeal to children.....?

Waiting for graphics of shops to load and watching the lorry slowly move across the screen while I wait for my required' link' to load is a little annoying. :headhurts:

I will need to give it a fair chance though and will be going back to make a full tour. Unfortunately if I 'need' to find something HACCP related (say, in a hurry) I will not be using this site just yet as it does not seem to have a rush in it. :helpplease:

Your mind is a parachute, it doesn't work when it's closed....Frank Zappa

cosmo

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 50 posts
  • 12 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 30 August 2010 - 04:05 AM

They are a training organisation and at one of their recent courses I found out that they are in the infancy of going online. Maybe the site will improve as they gain more presence on the web.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,841 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:00 AM

They are a training organisation and at one of their recent courses I found out that they are in the infancy of going online. Maybe the site will improve as they gain more presence on the web.

Hi Cosmo, That's a bit strange as my original post was from 2004. I just checked the site out and it is not the same concept, maybe that compnay have purchased the website domain name or moved into consulting. HACCP town used to be an actual 'online' town that you could navigate and find out stuff about food safety and HACCP. Like I say it was 6 years ago and my mind is a little hazy.

Regards,
Simon

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.

NStanley

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:15 PM

Hi Simon

I am a Quality Manager in Australia where this concept orginated. It was developed by a company that has undergone some major chances over the last 10 years and was founded by Ross and Debbie Peters, two people very highly respected in Food Safety in Australia.

Originally the company was called Food Operations and was primarily dealing in food safety auditing and training. Around 2003-4 (not sure of the dates exactly) the company sold off the auditing side of the business to focus more on training/consulting and that was when the company became, AFS - Advancing Food Safety. This was also the time HACCPTown was establised, not sure exactly what happened there though...don't think it quite worked out as the original idea was intended. As a previous poster said "it was rather childlike". The site was then abondoned and that is why now when you click on your attached link you are redirected to the AFS website.

I have attended many training programs with AFS and they are indeed a great training organisation. I have also used some of their trainers to come into businesses that I have worked for and conduct training and HACCP awareness to shop floor level employees with a great deal of success. The trainers and founders are all very talented, and highly knowledgable people, not to mention just down right lovely.

I believe, AFS also have branches into Asia, New Zealand, and North America.

As another poster mentioned their is an awards type scenario run by AFS. Annually within Australia AFS run a HACCP conference, which combines some training, conferences, discussion based conference, presentations by leaders in Australian food industry and also an awards ceremony to acknowledge those people within the Australian food industry that are making great contributions, discoveries etc.

I hope this helps to clear up the issue of HACCPTown and exactly what it is or was (personally glad to see the little lorry gone)

Narelle

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,841 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:09 AM

HACCP town was a nice idea in principle, maybe even more possible now with advances in web technologies.

Thanks for clearing that one up Narelle.

Welcome to the forums.

:welcome:

Regards,
Simon

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users