Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,840 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 16 September 2008 - 02:40 PM

DEar All...

I agree with the opinion... but remember we have to increase our knowledge.. and joint with this forum we can get more knowledge, especially about Food safety...

If there was a prize for the best post ever I think this would win. :clap: :smile:

Thanks,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

AS NUR

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 582 posts
  • 60 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 17 September 2008 - 12:12 AM

Thanks simon..... :thumbup:

anyway ... this forum very usefull for me.. that make me more clear abour food safety.. And i hope this forum can growth... and growth...

almost every day I read this forum with a cup of coffee or tea in my hand :beer:
.. but today i dont drink , because now is fasting day for moslems....

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,840 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 17 September 2008 - 07:21 AM

Thanks simon..... :thumbup:

anyway ... this forum very usefull for me.. that make me more clear abour food safety.. And i hope this forum can growth... and growth...

Just like pathogenic bacteria eh? but hopefully a little less uncomfortable. :smile:

almost every day I read this forum with a cup of coffee or tea in my hand :beer:
.. but today i dont drink , because now is fasting day for moslems....

Good luck for today AS NUR. I am actually fasting for a different reason today, I have a stomach upset, those pesky bacteria again. The children are back at school. :rolleyes:

Regards,
Simon

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.

Ayayay

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 40 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 18 September 2008 - 05:49 PM

As a senior manager, one of my first tasks of the day is to walk the factory floor. this serves a million purposes. The main purpose is so that i can talk to the boys. Not just about work, but about their home lives. Things that may bother them. Have a laugh. They rarely try to pull the wool over my eyes as they know i have 20 years experience within the industry and no matter how serious a problem could be, that i will sit down with them and we try to work our way through it. Having this experience doesnt mean i know it all; hell i still make mistakes, but it shows them i'm human!

I don't believe in managing with a rod of iron, but by being approachable and fair. They know that if I have them in my office for them to have a rollocking then they've really disappointed me and let themselves down. My office is a last resort.

I think that I have the respect from all the staff at my old site, from the cleaners to other managers ( i have just left there) and i hope i can build the same rapport with my new team. To me it was one of the best compliments i could ever have had when an engineer with almost as much industry experience as my self, said i was by far the best manager he'd worked with, because i didn't pretend i knew what he was going on about!

Experience cannot be replaced by education. But when both are hand in hand it goes a long way to building respect.

Hi All,
I think cazyncymru is absolutely right. I am 7 years in food industry. I've had a chance to begin working in production plant as a technologist right after graduating university. For two years I work in another company in quality department.
If the education and experience are hand in hand everything goes better from day to day.
Ufortunately, very difficult is to gain the experience at first. You have to have refference or really good luck to find a good job without experince in the CV.
This forum is great to share opinions from all over the world

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,840 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 24 September 2008 - 08:07 PM

Hi All,
I think cazyncymru is absolutely right. I am 7 years in food industry. I've had a chance to begin working in production plant as a technologist right after graduating university. For two years I work in another company in quality department.
If the education and experience are hand in hand everything goes better from day to day.
Ufortunately, very difficult is to gain the experience at first. You have to have refference or really good luck to find a good job without experince in the CV.
This forum is great to share opinions from all over the world

Maybe one day membership of this forum can be something valuable to put on our CV. :dunno:

Regards,
Simon

AS NUR

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 582 posts
  • 60 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 25 September 2008 - 12:16 AM

Maybe one day membership of this forum can be something valuable to put on our CV. :dunno:

Regards,
Simon

absolutely agree with you.. simon... :thumbup:
that is make me more focus to the people, who have "PREMIUM" technical and knowledge, to get some valuable knowledge from them... And.. also.. make me have a chance to get a job in another country... :biggrin:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users