Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 17 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Belgium
    Belgium

Posted 05 February 2008 - 07:03 AM

New question. Knowing that, for food production, drinking is not allowed in the production area, except water at the designated area, how is this issue handled in packaging production?
The standard says: Drinking of water from purpose-made dispensers and/or by using disposable conical cups or spill-proof containers, may be allowed provided it is confined to a designated area away from equipment"

You can interpret this in two ways, one being only allowed drinking water at the designated area and the other way that coffee or other beverages are allowed, but only by using conical cups or spill-proof containers.

Since up till now, ppl were allowed to bring their own beverages in the production area, a lot of concern is raised by my supervisor over this one.

So, need a conclusive answer on this one. Only water or onther things to?

okido

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 205 posts
  • 14 thanks
Neutral

• Netherlands
    Netherlands

Posted 05 February 2008 - 08:27 AM

Hi Tom,

Drinking of water can be allowed in designated area’s away from production equipment and products, mark this area with a red line, or make it a blue zone.
You can use purpose made water dispensers or a tap and conical cups.
Other beverages are not allowed.

Have a nice day, Okido

Aur0re

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 05 February 2008 - 10:58 AM

Hi Tom,

I agree with Okido,

During the pre-audit of certification, the listener explained us that the personnel could drink some water (only water) in a designated zone inside the batiment of production. The consumption of food and other drinks (coffee, ...) is made in a separated room.

Aur0re

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 07 February 2008 - 02:45 PM

In production just water, in conical cups, drunk at the water cooler. Nothing else.

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users