Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 26 March 2008 - 12:41 PM

I’m going over version three and have seen in 6.5.3 that protective clothing need to cover the upper torso. The previous standard was to the knee, so I now have a problem. One of my print machines has steps that take you above the machine, shorts are allowed and away I go into the great hair debate.

Does anybody have any pointers ?

:helpplease:

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,836 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 26 March 2008 - 10:06 PM

I’m going over version three and have seen in 6.5.3 that protective clothing need to cover the upper torso. The previous standard was to the knee, so I now have a problem. One of my print machines has steps that take you above the machine, shorts are allowed and away I go into the great hair debate.

Does anybody have any pointers ?

:helpplease:

How about a bic or a ladyshave. :whistle:

Seriously. I thought it always said upper torso in the standard. To be honest I cannot remember (I'm on my hols) what it says, but if it does say cover upper torso then by the letter of the standard shorts are OK. Or at least you could have a good argument with the auditor that they are. I believe at around 40 years old a man starts to lose his shin hair. I read it somehwere, but cannot find a link right now.

I'm not being very helpful Dave - sorry. :biggrin:

Time for bed...

Regards
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

GMO

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,849 posts
  • 726 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 27 March 2008 - 11:32 AM

From a professionalism point of view, I wouldn't want to see hairy legs out in a food contact packaging manufacturer. Ban the shorts!!!!

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users