Are you a collaborative team-player who considers trust and respect important in building real partnerships? Do you enjoy working as a team and sharing your expertise? Do you have a drive to take existing processes to the next level? If so, we’re looking for you!
TC Transcontinental has more than 9,000 employees, the majority of which are based in Canada, the United States and Latin America. Following the transformational acquisition of Coveris Americas, TC Transcontinental’s consolidated pro forma revenues are estimated at C$3.3 billion for fiscal 2017. With our 3 business segments in Packaging, Print and Media, we continue to optimize, transform and grow while making impressions that count!
This position will be part of our Packaging division, a leader in flexible packaging in North America. With over 4,000 employees and 28 production facilities worldwide, we specialize in extrusion, lamination, flexographic printing and converting of plastic and paper products. You will join a team that is passionate about creating the perfect package, no matter what industry.
About this opportunity
The SQF Practitioner serves as the primary Quality Assurance resource to the Quality Manager for Safe Quality Foods (SQF) and Quality management System compliance and continuous improvement. The position will support our SQF Food Safety Code for Manufacturing of Food Packaging, Quality Edition 8 Certification in the role of the SQF Practitioner.
What you will do
- Assures that safety, quality and productivity are given priority, in that order, to achieve positive results.
- Confers with Q.A. Manager to determine work status, priorities and potential problems.
- Conducts quality and food safety system audits to verify and validate compliance to our SQF certification.
- Monitors and reports quality & food safety objectives.
- Works with Quality Manager on creating work instructions and processes, required for SQF compliance.
- Participate in NSF and customer quality and food safety audits conducted in house and participates in supplier audits as needed.
- Leads the Food Safety Management teams.
- Supports and contributes to a healthy and safe work environment by following all workplace regulations, policies, and initiatives, including reporting all first aid injuries, accidents, and workplace hazards.
What you have to offer
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technical field or Associates degree in this field of study plus a minimum two years’ experience.
- Must have ability to operate PC-based statistical software. (Microsoft Office, Minitab, etc.)
- Preferred two years’ experience in a quality control lab work in manufacturing environment.
- Possesses working knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma improvement methodology.
- ASQ certified Quality Engineer highly desirable.
- Possesses good leadership, communication and teamwork skills.
- Highly organized and excellent time management skills as well as a high level of attention to detail with meticulous paperwork maintained.
- Compliance with safe work methods and all food safety requirements.
What we have to offer
- Opportunity to be part of a dynamic and highly motivating work environment where you can develop your potential and launch an exciting career;
- Development opportunities where your input makes a difference. A competitive compensation package, 401K plan and flexible benefits that are customizable to you and your family needs
- Employee perks such as discounts from suppliers on various products and services such as insurance, wireless bundles, travel, and much more.
Learn more about us