- Signing Bonus - $2K
- Rate is up $700 per audit day
- Additional pay for training
- Eligible for benefits
- Flexible scheduling
- Company paid credentialing and credential maintenance.
Responsible for the application of food safety, quality, and regulatory requirements and principles against established standards and protocols accomplished through analytical and objective evaluation of facility policies, practices, and observations. Understand and implements FSNS C&A protocols.
- Perform audit and certification audit services following objective assessment of functions and procedures for customers primarily in the meat, pork, poultry area as well as other food industry areas
- Conduct food safety, animal welfare, regulatory, process evaluation, certification audits, and customer specific audits for food plants and processing facilities
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills in HACCP. Must be able to complete HACCP training certification
- Demonstrate ability to become highly proficient with GFSI auditing requirements. Must be able to successfully complete BRC, SQF, FSSC and/or gluten-free Third Party Auditor Training. Other schemes upon request.
- Assist in developing, implementing, and maintaining certification and audit programs.
- Perform required communication with new and existing customers
- Represent FSNS C&A at trade shows and seminars
- Maintain a high degree of technical competence by reading scientific journals, attending professional workshops and being aware of food industry issues and trends
- Supervise or participate in development areas as assigned by the management team
- EXTENSIVE TRAVEL 90-100 % of the work week
- B.S. Degree in Food Science, Food Safety or related field preferred, some college including successful completion of college level biological science courses preferred.
- 5+ years experience or equivalent in a decision making role involving food safety, quality, or regulatory systems at a food manufacturing site.
- HACCP Trained or PCQI preferred.
- Working knowledge of USDA-FSIS and/or FDA Food Manufacturing guidelines and regulations required.
- Must be willing to travel 90-100% of the work week
- Hold valid Driver’s License
- Must hold passport or have ability to obtain passport