QA Manager - Greater Indianapolis Area, IN
We are a fast-growing food technology company developing, producing, and marketing branded Keto / Low-Carb Cereals and Snacks. Our products are currently sold online via our company-owned ecommerce store as well as Amazon, Walmart.com, and other leading marketplaces. Additionally, our products are currently available in over 8500 retail locations throughout the US.
As a leading food-tech company, we are backed by: (1) top Silicon Valley VCs like Sequoia Capital, (2) early investors in YouTube, PayPal, Instagram, Apple and Google and (3) leading CPG investors.
In just two years, we have become the #1 selling cereal brand in our sub-category in a major national retailer and have expanded our distribution to all 50 states.
Our company is developing a “Food Safety First” culture. Since we are a relatively new company, this is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to build best-in-class processes from inception.
The proper candidate will join a team that is helping millions of people eat healthier, reduce their addiction to high-sugar products, and be part of a team that is quickly gaining recognition as one of the top emerging brands in the industry.
You will be joining veteran team members who have previously worked at companies such as Enjoy Life, Simple Mills, Lily’s and Wholesome Sweeteners.
What You’ll Do:
- Act as our SQF Practitioner
- Gather, organize, store and keep updated all documents required for our food safety program
- Lead our annual and bi-annual food safety validation procedures
- Ensure appropriate compliance with record keeping and document control procedures on the production floor
- Periodically review our food safety program to ensure it is in compliance with all FDA, State and Local laws and customer requirements
- Conduct unannounced audits and mock recalls
- Improve our food safety program through ongoing analysis of our production equipment, process, procedures and team
- Review quality reports and conduct root cause analysis on deviations
- Create a culture which recognizes the importance of food safety at our plant
- Lead our Food Defense Program
- Be willing to spend up to 50% of the day “on the floor” making certain that all food safety protocols are being met
- Report directly to our President
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years experience in food manufacturing, quality and food safety
- Deep knowledge of SQF
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent organizational skills
- PCQI / HAACP Certified a plus
- Internal auditor training a plus
- On-site at our plant (Greater Indianapolis Area)
- Competitive PTO and healthcare
- Competitive salary and bonus potential
TO APPLY: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “QA Manager – [your name]” and include your resume.