Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,840 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 20 March 2005 - 09:10 PM

Maximising benefits from IT and e-Business
By Professor Colin Coulson-Thomas

IT and e-business should support how people would prefer to work and learn, and enable them to operate in new and better ways. But too often it constricts and constrains rather than liberates. Individuals and teams have to compromise and change in order to fit in with the requirements of technology. The successful operation of IT becomes an end in itself.

Poor investments in IT set existing ways of operating in concrete rather than creating additional options, value and choices for customers. IT should support more intimate relationships with customers, suppliers and business partners; facilitate learning, adaptation and change; enable entrepreneurship and integrate learning and working. It should make it easy for people to share information, knowledge and expertise. Smart users employ it to secure operating efficiencies and create new electronic markets.

So what do the winners do differently to make IT and e-Business an enabler rather than a barrier?

Read Full Article:
Maximising benefits from IT and e-Business

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users