• IFSQN Member
  • 146 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2009 - 03:37 PM

Hi.

In general, food process waters are analysed for standards plate counts at 22 and 37 degrees as well as coliforms and e. coli. Some people ask for faecal streps and sulphite reducing clostridia also.

What is the general consensus in analysing process waters for SR clostridia? It is obviously another indicator for faecal contamination, as is e. coli and faecal streps.

Is it really necessary? I'd love to hear your views. :dunno:

Marco

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 43 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2009 - 11:30 PM

Dear poppynoss,

I did some researches and from literature it looks like that SRC as group are not a good indicator of fecal contamination as it is the specific strain C. Perfringens.
However "The Drinking Water in Containers Regulations 1994" (http://www.opsi.gov....940743_en_2.htm) requires this parameter to be tested for.

I link below some documents with information to for your reference:
1. Chapter 2 - http://books.google....result#PPA58,M1

2. http://books.google....W...9&ct=result

http://books.google....esult#PPA249,M1

4. EU Regulation
http://eur-lex.europ...98L0083:EN:HTML

I hope the information above are of some help.

Regards,

Marco

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5664 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 31 January 2009 - 07:31 AM

Dear poppysnoss and Marco,

Nice collection of links :thumbup:

IMEX the results for SR bacteria are invariably negative (whatever that proves :smile: ).

As indicated in previous post, a common reason for their occurrence is because of the EU micro. standards for water and subsequently an auditor's requirement.

The USA seems to not use it at all but I hv found that France frequently refers to it in their food micro.specs also ( just to be different maybe).

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

poppysnoss

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 146 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:20 AM

That's great, thanks for the replies, guys.

That's what I had found aswell, there doesn't seem to be consistency across countries on SRC testing - but hey, that's nothing new! :smile:

AS NUR

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 582 posts
  • 60 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 04 February 2009 - 01:34 AM

In My country ..standard micro test for processed water just coliform and E.coli..

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5664 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:39 AM

Dear AS NUR,

In My country ..standard micro test for processed water just coliform and E.coli..

Satisfies auditors ? Appears to imply that there are no food exports to the EU from yr country ?? :smile:

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

AS NUR

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 582 posts
  • 60 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 06 February 2009 - 01:44 AM

dear charles...

thats only one parameters.. actually we do anlyze for others parameters like pesticide content, chloride etc...

and what i mean process water is water for production process ( including food production), and for drinking water (Ready to drink water) we have another regulation..
. And actually our sister company (food manufacturer) now export they product to EU..

So dont to be worried about our food product...

And I can guarantee my product (Non dairy Creamer) have good quality standard..we using standard production from EU and we already held ISO22K Certificate from global certification body....

charles..I very Happy if you want to help us, to share the regulation in EU regarding our product (NDC)... actually we plan to export our product
may be you have any contact people for that purpose... or do you want to be our business contact person in europe..I think you can take a chalenge

AS NUR

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 582 posts
  • 60 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 06 February 2009 - 01:46 AM

dear charles...

thats only one parameters.. actually we do anlyze for others parameters like pesticide content, chloride etc...

and what i mean process water is water for production process ( including food production), and for drinking water (Ready to drink water) we have another regulation..
. And actually our sister company (food manufacturer) now export they product to EU..

So dont to be worried about our food product...

And I can guarantee my product (Non dairy Creamer) have good quality standard..we using standard production from EU and we already held ISO22K Certificate from global certification body....

charles..I very Happy if you want to help us, to share the regulation in EU regarding our product (NDC)... actually we plan to export our product
may be you have any contact people for that purpose... or do you want to be our business contact person in europe..I think you can take a chalenge :beer:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users