Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:03 PM

I am interested to discover the AQL levels used by major European supermarket chains for their milk supplies. It is very difficult for them to classify consumer complaints so that simple micro failures are separated from pack faults, damage etc.
So at what level of complaints do they react back to the supplier?

If anyone has any information, references and/or data for this I would be most grateful.

Many thanks

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,836 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:53 PM

I am interested to discover the AQL levels used by major European supermarket chains for their milk supplies. It is very difficult for them to classify consumer complaints so that simple micro failures are separated from pack faults, damage etc.

If anyone has any information, references and/or data for this I would be most grateful.

Many thanks

Can anyone help Milkman?

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

a_andhika

Generally Recognized As Sane

• IFSQN Senior
  • 338 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia
  • Interests:Manga, Comics, Anime, Epic & High-tech Movies, Video Games, and CSI stuffs

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:33 AM

Dear Milkman,

Maybe not so spesific with your need, but I hope these can help you:

http://cpheo.sph.umn...mplingPlans.pdf

http://www.codexalim...41/CXG_050e.pdf

Regards,

Arya

IF
safety and quality means perfection
AND
nobody's perfect
THEN
why should I bother?

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:31 PM

Dear Arya,

Excellent links again. The second one is an amazing comilation on sampling although I noticed it "runs away" from the case where the analytical error is much greater than the sampling error which was precisely the case (I think) in a recent posted question I responded to. Predictably, the maths gets quite slogging as you go on to the details.

I also, as probably you too, suspect that the immediate post is handled on more of an intuitive / rule of thumb basis, rightly or wrongly. This is in fact one interesting case of a (very) general question which many companies undoubtedly hv their own internal policies on. I hv seen it discussed in detail in a book for a range of industries somewhere in terms of "historical-backed" analysis but don't remember the reference. The result was a three tier type conclusion, presumably typical of the genre. On the other hand, there may well be an official interpretation of this in AQL terms ?

Anybody ? Milk people ??

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

a_andhika

Generally Recognized As Sane

• IFSQN Senior
  • 338 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia
  • Interests:Manga, Comics, Anime, Epic & High-tech Movies, Video Games, and CSI stuffs

Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:22 AM

Dear Charles C,

You may want to see this one too:
http://www.sixsigmas...alitylevel.html
I dunno if it was "officially" enough, but for me it helps to get a better understanding...

Well err.. yeah I guess it'll depend on what the company needs. But yes, a generic thumb rules will answer the question. Advice from milk expertise is needed here, care to help us forum?

I am also have another point of view, as long as we can determine what AQ Level that appropriate for our analysis (yes, not just for the sampling needs), I think we can use any level. But for the "thumb rule" is, a critical hazards should have smaller AQL than the major, and the major is smaller than the minor one. So the micro issue would need smaller AQL than missprint issue. Make sense?

Regards,

Arya

PS: Milk experts.. we need you... NO MILK TODAY...:(

IF
safety and quality means perfection
AND
nobody's perfect
THEN
why should I bother?

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:28 PM

Many thanks

Before we get too bogged down with science, can you tell me what your looking at?
are you looking at Poly's, butter, cheese? all will have different levels to trigger off reporting to the supermarket.

or are you looking at the raw milk supply coming in?

c x

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,836 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:28 PM

Milkman are you there?

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

milkman

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 06 February 2009 - 07:50 PM

Hi
Thanks to all who have posted.
I am interested to learn what level of consumer complaints/returns for UHT and ESL milk received by a supermarket will trigger a request for action from the supplier.

Of course a defect may be detected in the supermarket's system before reaching the shelf.

Is this type of problem subject to a different level of AQL?

It is of course not straightforward because of the need to distingush between micro failures with no detectable pack faults and all other faults which my be attributable to the supplier, the supply chain, in-store handling or consumer handling.

Thanks
Milkman

AS NUR

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 582 posts
  • 60 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 09 February 2009 - 01:33 AM

DEar Milkman...

IMO.. to determine what level of complaints is depend on your regulation,.. you have to make rules and decision by your shelf.. and dont forget to use data before you ask to the supplier... And you can use statistically approach...
IMEX.. I use supplier quality performance data to determine supplier performance.. if the performance < 90%, we can reject the supplier, or ask them to make corrective and preventive action... and every year I do supplier rank to give them reward or punish...

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:18 PM

ok

i can answer some of the question, i think

Tesco
Levels in bottled milk should be as such
A Fail is Entro's >10 (confirm for E Coli)
TVC >3000
Staph Aureus >10
Shelf Life organoleptically acceptable at 12 days

Coop
A fail is Enrto's >10 (confirm for E Coli)
Shelf Life organoleptically Acceptable after 12 days

Both have to Listeria negative

i shall look at others for you

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users