• IFSQN Senior
  • 457 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 03 April 2009 - 10:47 AM

Dear All :

what is the best form for risk assessment for the food establishments instance; restaurants ,cafe shops and groceries .

Actually when the owner intends to open new shop like restaurants we have as food inspectors to evaluate the risk for this shop (documentation). So what does the form include? shall I mention about Hazards, the risk level for the storage. what are the risk levels for each activity ?for example the restaurants will be high risk ?

So please any one can help me about this subject.

thanks
monzer

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,840 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:02 AM

Dear All :

what is the best form for risk assessment for the food establishments instance; restaurants ,cafe shops and groceries .

Actually when the owner intends to open new shop like restaurants we have as food inspectors to evaluate the risk for this shop (documentation). So what does the form include? shall I mention about Hazards, the risk level for the storage. what are the risk levels for each activity ?for example the restaurants will be high risk ?

So please any one can help me about this subject.

thanks
monzer

Can anyone help Monzer with this?

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Marco

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 43 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:22 AM

Hello Monzer,

You may start from the structure of premises, staff hygiene and food handling training, cleaning procedures, pest control, record keeping (although you will probably need to find a compromise on this) etc.

what are the risk levels for each activity ?for example the restaurants will be high risk ?

IME the risk rises/decrease accordingly with the level of awareness of the person performing the task. Therefore an effective training and understanding across all the functions in the business are fundamental.

Here in the UK the FSA released a guide pack intended specifically for small catering and retail operations. It covers all the aspects of hygiene and food safety.

Safer Food Better Business

Regards,
Marco

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,840 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:48 AM

Yes I forgot about that, thanks Marco.

SFBB resources are fantastic and free! :smile:

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users