Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 361 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 10 July 2009 - 08:46 AM

Can anybody tell me, what u do/ check when receiving the plastic bag (packaging material) from supplier?? The auditor commented that incoming inspction shall not be just a declaration letter from the supplier, it shoulsd have safety requirement/specification ?

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,840 posts
  • 1364 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 10 July 2009 - 09:16 PM

Can anybody tell me, what u do/ check when receiving the plastic bag (packaging material) from supplier?? The auditor commented that incoming inspction shall not be just a declaration letter from the supplier, it shoulsd have safety requirement/specification ?

What is the bag for trash or product? You really need to provide more infromation if you want help. The more detail you provide will get you better answers and that will save you time and surely make you more satisfied.

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

carine

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 361 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 12 July 2009 - 03:36 PM

Dear Simon,

the plastic bag is for our product which produce by supplier. Normally , what kind of criteria (in term of food safety) does u check when receiving the plastic bag??

GMO

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,849 posts
  • 726 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 12 July 2009 - 04:23 PM

I assume this bag is for food contact use? I would expect them to supply you with a specification stating it's suitable for food use. I'd expect the bag to be a decent thickness, eg 45 micron. Ideally if it's to be used in direct food contact, it should be distinctively coloured (if it can be for your use). For direct food use, I'd also expect the bags to arrive bagged to prevent contamination. On arrival, I'd expect the delivery to be inspected for damage and that it complies with specification.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users