• Quick Navigation
Photo

Food Defense

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Poll: Food Defense (209 member(s) have cast votes)

Have you been audited to a food defense standard?

1. Yes (91 votes [43.54%])

Percentage of vote: 43.54%

2. No (118 votes [56.46%])

Percentage of vote: 56.46%

Vote Guests cannot vote
- - - - -

Fred73

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 76 posts
  • 23 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:SQFI certified consultant, PCQI, FSVP-QI, IAVA-QI, FS-CP & CCFS. I enjoy analyzing problems in the FS field, solving it and learning in the process.

Posted 01 November 2019 - 12:32 PM

Not sure about Food Defense "Standard" but in my experience here in the US you can receive a USDA visit any time and they will conduct an audit in your Food Defense Plan and provided a final report too, so it is being audited by a gov agency plus is required by most of GFSI standards.

iankavan

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 15 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 17 June 2020 - 10:41 AM

We haven't been audited yet for it, but some global scale customers we have have started asking question about it. We have a plan in place now and group are adopting and using our procedure for other sites. 

Expect this to become to the fore in the next 2-3 years , so better to be prepared now than scrambling to comply once the requirement comes in. 

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 28 September 2020 - 07:51 PM

We haven't been audited yet for it, but some global scale customers we have have started asking question about it. We have a plan in place now and group are adopting and using our procedure for other sites. 

Expect this to become to the fore in the next 2-3 years , so better to be prepared now than scrambling to comply once the requirement comes in. 

You're a bit late perhaps?.

PAS96 ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Lisa Nicely

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 20 October 2020 - 04:09 PM

I have only heard of food company's supplying the the US military being audited annually by the military, via rigorous questionnaire.

I figured I would help kick off the new forum as I was somewhat involved in the request for it.

To my knowledge there is no existing stand alone standard but Food Defense has made its way into most of the existing Food Safety Standards.

We were audited at the end of 2008 to a customer standard on Food Defense so I figured it would be interesting to see if anyone else has been audited for food defense.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users