Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,845 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 16 October 2005 - 07:46 PM

While much has been published about internal auditing and auditing by certification bodies, a vital link in the chain of confidence has received scant publicity: how do accreditation bodies establish that certification body auditors are up to the job? Brian Henry presents a straightforward approach.

Up to the job?

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Charles Chew

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,178 posts
  • 54 thanks
Good

• Malaysia
    Malaysia
  • Interests:Food, food and food!

Posted 17 October 2005 - 09:31 AM

Simon,

I had thought this was discussed before in the Saferpak forum some time back. Nevertheless, it is good to revisit from time to time on issues of concern and interest.

:thumbup: the emergence of new auditors for the IRCA ISO 22000 FSMS Auditor (conversion basis) frightens the wits of of me. After conversion - can anyone out there indicate what is the number of man-day audit log for
full qualification as a FSMS Auditor?

CharlesChew

Cheers,
Charles Chew
www.naturalmajor.com

Franco

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 752 posts
  • 15 thanks
Neutral

• Italy
    Italy

Posted 17 October 2005 - 12:56 PM

the emergence of new auditors for the IRCA ISO 22000 FSMS Auditor (conversion basis) frightens the wits of of me.

IRCA certification as FSMS Auditor - october 2005

Edited by Franco, 17 October 2005 - 12:56 PM.

An ancient Chinese proverb teaches that the person who waits for a roast duck to fly into their mouth must wait a very long time.

Charles Chew

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,178 posts
  • 54 thanks
Good

• Malaysia
    Malaysia

Posted 19 October 2005 - 11:42 AM

The article from IRCA posted by Franco does reflect what I have feared.

Looking into the conversion qualifications, do the SaferPak Members feel that the "new" grading approach appear to have watered down some what in order to meet the apparent shortage of truly qualified FSMS Auditors out there.

Maybe, a look into the IRCA Web Site could give us a better picture. I have done a search for Food Safety Lead Auditors and boy, I think they are a rare breed.

Figure it out yourself - how many IRCA Food Registered Auditors they are currently in your country..........you may be surprised.

Would churning out food auditors taking the shortest route be the appropriate way to meet current auditor shortage? Interesting but could be devastating and probably, time is the essence for the Draft EN ISO 22000 to be made official early next year and having done so, ISO 22003 must also be in place. Oops! what a concidence.

Charles Chew

Cheers,
Charles Chew
www.naturalmajor.com

Franco

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 752 posts
  • 15 thanks
Neutral

• Italy
    Italy

Posted 20 October 2005 - 11:33 AM

FSA Auditor Certification

does anyone know these guys ? :dunno:

An ancient Chinese proverb teaches that the person who waits for a roast duck to fly into their mouth must wait a very long time.

Charles Chew

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,178 posts
  • 54 thanks
Good

• Malaysia
    Malaysia

Posted 20 October 2005 - 04:51 PM

Franco,

These fellas are - On January 1, 2005 the merger of Milwaukee based, RAB (Registrar Accreditation Board) and Sydney based, Quality Society of Australasia (QSA International) took effect.

Believe me there is a whole lot of "undercurrent" going on and some members of QSA that I know are hopping onto the IRCA platform to be registered for ISO 22000. Unless I have missed out, can you see on the entire web site of RABQSA of any mention of auditor qualifications for ISO 22000.

I have lost touch and interest on the development of RABQSA therefore am not sure of the recent development.

Charles Chew

Cheers,
Charles Chew
www.naturalmajor.com

Franco

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 752 posts
  • 15 thanks
Neutral

• Italy
    Italy

Posted 21 October 2005 - 05:48 AM

I have lost touch and interest on the development of RABQSA therefore am not sure of the recent development.

Thanks Charles, you're super as usual :clap:

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users