Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 207 posts
  • 34 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 10 November 2009 - 04:34 AM

I have found a useful link on Risk assessment and thought this would be useful.

http://www.ccohs.ca/...assessment.html

While I was looking at the link that Jean kindly provided, I wondered if anybody have tried something different, that thought would be valuable to improve HACCP methodology.

What was the auditor comments about it?
Was the addition to the orthodox implementation of HACCP readily accepted?

I hope somebody can share any experience.

Regards,

FSSM

Jean

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 429 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 10 November 2009 - 06:51 AM

Dear FSSM,

Are you referring to hazard analaysis??

Best regards,

J

Only the curious will learn and only the resolute overcome the obstacles to learning. The quest quotient has always excited me more than the intelligence quotient. Eugene S Wilson

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,841 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 10 November 2009 - 04:38 PM

While I was looking at the link that Jean kindly provided, I wondered if anybody have tried something different, that thought would be valuable to improve HACCP methodology.

What was the auditor comments about it?
Was the addition to the orthodox implementation of HACCP readily accepted?

I hope somebody can share any experience.

Regards,

FSSM

The HACCP methodology is tried, tested and works if applied correctly. Coming from a packaging background we have a degree of freedom to be a little more creative with pure HACCP and extend it beyond chemical, physical and microbiological hazards to include quality defects that are critical to consumer safety - I like that. This is also required by the BRC Packaging Standard e.g. to carry out a hazards assessment of defects critical to consumer safety. Examples could be missing print on ingredients, incorrect designs, mixed designs, holes in barrier packaging etc.

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

FSSM

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 207 posts
  • 34 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 10 November 2009 - 04:58 PM

Dear FSSM,

Are you referring to hazard analaysis??

Dear Jean, including Hazard Analysis, anything around the HACCP methodology.

The HACCP methodology is tried, tested and works if applied correctly. Coming from a packaging background we have a degree of freedom to be a little more creative with pure HACCP and extend it beyond chemical, physical and microbiological hazards to include quality defects that are critical to consumer safety - I like that. This is also required by the BRC Packaging Standard e.g. to carry out a hazards assessment of defects critical to consumer safety. Examples could be missing print on ingredients, incorrect designs, mixed designs, holes in barrier packaging etc.

Regards,
Simon

Simon, thanks for your input, no doubt it is a good methodology, but there must be something that could be better. Taking into account the ISO (22000) focus on continuos improvement, it is a must. If the issue of PRPs and OPRPs was clearer, I think it could be an example of what I´m looking for.

Regards,

FSSM

Edited by FSSM, 10 November 2009 - 04:59 PM.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users