Zeeshan

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 499 posts
  • 224 thanks
Excellent

• Pakistan
    Pakistan
  • Interests:QMS, TQM, FSMS, HMS (Halal Management System), IMS (Integrated Management System), Training Programs Management, Performance Management

Posted 05 December 2009 - 11:54 AM

Dear members! :helpplease:

Extending the discussion on ( http://www.ifsqn.com...showtopic=12836 ) I would like to ask two questions:

1- Can somebody provide contacts of suppliers of Foreign Body Detector that is suitable to detect metal, bone, plastic, glass etc in our ready-to-eat food products.

Suppliers from Italy and Germany will be of prime focus.

2- Whether there is any adverse affect on food using x-ray technology and whether X-Ray is the only technology in the market for detection of wide-range contaminants (metal, bone, plastic, glass etc).

Regards:
Zeeshan

antoni sola

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 24 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 05 December 2009 - 07:11 PM

Zeeshan,
Here you have a supplier from Italy: http://www.prismaindustriale.it/

Zeeshan

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 499 posts
  • 224 thanks
Excellent

• Pakistan
    Pakistan
  • Interests:QMS, TQM, FSMS, HMS (Halal Management System), IMS (Integrated Management System), Training Programs Management, Performance Management

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:25 AM

Dear Antoni!

Thank you a lot for providing the link :smarty: . I'll contact them today.

BTW, have you bought any device, esp foreign body detector, from them? If yes, what was you experience about this supplier/manufacturer?

Thanks again and best regards:
Zeeshan.

antoni sola

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 24 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:57 AM

I bought a metal detector from Prisma and everything was right. They also have x ray detectors.
In Italy you can also try to contact with: http://www.ceia.net/

Kiran

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 28 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• Singapore
    Singapore

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:03 AM

Dear Zheeshan,

I am Kiran from Smiths Detection. Smiths Detection supplies x-ray system solutions for wide range of applications. I would be happy to discuss your application requirements and any questions for suitable x-ray solution. You may contact me at kiran.deochake@smithsdetection.com for specific details.

Best Regards.

Kiran

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 08 December 2009 - 01:02 AM

Dear Zeeshan,

Suppliers from Italy and Germany will be of prime focus

I am curious as to the reason :smile: . Are you trying to locate the most expensive options or is there some local benefit, eg reduced import tax, for yourself?

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Zeeshan

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 499 posts
  • 224 thanks
Excellent

• Pakistan
    Pakistan

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:56 AM

I bought a metal detector from Prisma and everything was right. They also have x ray detectors.
In Italy you can also try to contact with: http://www.ceia.net/

Thank you antoni for your feed back!

BTW, http://www.ceia.net/ seems not dealing with X-Ray inspection equipment.

Regards:
Zeeshan

Zeeshan

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 499 posts
  • 224 thanks
Excellent

• Pakistan
    Pakistan

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:12 AM

Dear Zheeshan,

I am Kiran from Smiths Detection. Smiths Detection supplies x-ray system solutions for wide range of applications. I would be happy to discuss your application requirements and any questions for suitable x-ray solution. You may contact me at kiran.deochake@smithsdetection.com for specific details.

Best Regards.

Kiran

Dear Kiran,

Thank you for your response. To be clear, we are working over some selected companies of certain origin who are supplying or manufacturing foreing body detectors. Smith Detection is, definitely, one of them. We, no doubt, will contact you where we have proceeding or any queries.

Thank you and best regards:
Zeeshan

Zeeshan

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 499 posts
  • 224 thanks
Excellent

• Pakistan
    Pakistan

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:24 AM

Dear Zeeshan,

I am curious as to the reason :smile: . Are you trying to locate the most expensive options or is there some local benefit, eg reduced import tax, for yourself?

Rgds / Charles.C

It's a management decision. :cm: . Neither I've asked them the reason nor they've told me the logic. :whistle:

BTW, if you can share pros and cons of this decision, I would be grateful. Not to be mentioned that in the scenario of ever increasing competition and overflowing manufacturing cost all middle-sized organizations look for better quality with reasonable cost. I presume that our management is assuming that equipment from Italy or Germany would be much cost-effective than that from Japan or USA.

But I am shocked to listen that in your opinion it is the most expensive option.
:dunno: .

Regards:

Zeeshan

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:03 PM

Dear Zeeshan,

But I am shocked to listen that in your opinion it is the most expensive option.

No idea about the "most". :rolleyes: To be honest, I was more intrigued by yr narrow choice of sourcing, my financial comment was based on average experience of various types of food processing / control equipment rather than specifically metal detectors and related. There may be an excellent reason for the target suppliers and cost effective (or not) will of course depend on the precise application / requirements / specifications, eg wet environments, sensitivity etc. For example, from experience, I personally like Mettler weighing equipment but it certainly isn’t cheap.

I noticed some of the products referred in the linked thread come from the countries you are mentioning ? To echo a previous comment, how do their costs compare (for equivalent features of course) to other origins ?

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Zeeshan

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 499 posts
  • 224 thanks
Excellent

• Pakistan
    Pakistan

Posted 09 December 2009 - 05:55 AM

There may be an excellent reason for the target suppliers and cost effective (or not) will of course depend on the precise application / requirements / specifications, eg wet environments, sensitivity etc. For example, from experience, I personally like Mettler weighing equipment but it certainly isn’t cheap.

100% agreed.

I noticed some of the products referred in the linked thread come from the countries you are mentioning ? To echo a previous comment, how do their costs compare (for equivalent features of course) to other origins ?

Till now we contacted so many countries belonging almost every region of the world - Including Japan, UK, Germany, Italy, Finland, Ireland and Australia. Till now we have received quotations and technical data of japanese brands only, so we still have no bases for comparision for prices and features. It past almost 1 week and we've received not a single word response from any European Company. Probably they are more interested in other regions of the world. :dunno:

Regards:
Zeeshan.

Kiran

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 28 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• Singapore
    Singapore

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:50 AM

Dear Zeeshan,

I understand that you are contacting suppliers from selected origin. You mentioned Smiths Detection as one of them. Not sure, if you contacted Smiths Detection already. As mentioned earlier you can send me details and I will be happy to assist.

Best Regards.

hacked

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 20 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 28 March 2010 - 10:27 PM

If you're trying to detect plastic or wood, industrial x-ray may not be the solution as it cannot detect materials less dense than water - as far as i remember. Just a thought.

assimilating the world

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,835 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:46 PM

If you're trying to detect plastic or wood, industrial x-ray may not be the solution as it cannot detect materials less dense than water - as far as i remember. Just a thought.

Depending on the quality I would have thought an x-ray machine would be able to detect plastic and wood??? Does any member use x-ray inspection - what can / do you detect?

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users