- - - - -

bibi

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 119 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

Posted 25 October 2005 - 12:10 PM

:dunno: Every big manufacturer and medium are sicking advise or hiring an external consultant.
What are advantages and disanvantages to have an internal?
Who whould be?
What about the very small manufacturer or restaurants?

BIBI

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,848 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 25 October 2005 - 07:15 PM

:dunno: Every big manufacturer and medium are seeking advise or hiring an external consultant.
What are advantages and disanvantages to have an internal?
Who whould be?
What about the very small manufacturer or restaurants?

Developing a Food Safety Management System is a big undertaking in terms of time and cost. The choice on whether to outsource or do the job in-house very much depends on whether anyone in your business has the expertise and the time to do it. If not I'm afraid an external consultant is a necessary evil. :crybaby:

No seriously if you get a good, pragmatic food safety consultant and have someone in your organisation work very closely with him (or her) duirng the development; then hopefully that person builds up enough experience to enable them to manage the food safety system once the consultant has picked up his cheque and screeched off in his BMW. :thumbup: It depends a lot on your timescale - an external consultant is probably the quicker route; choosing a good one is the key.

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Charles Chew

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,178 posts
  • 54 thanks
Good

• Malaysia
    Malaysia
  • Interests:Food, food and food!

Posted 26 October 2005 - 01:56 AM

Bibi,

May i know which country you come from? External consultants need not have to be home-country based. Have you ever considered that e-consulting is the cheapest way of getting external advice to managing your food safety program.

Let me be frank. Nobody will give you their entire intellectual property for free although over at SaferPak, members are willing to help out generally on a macro scale. Appreciate the amount of hard work and time that someone else had put in and to just give all away ....... :doh:

However, if you are in need of serious help and details are required to help to move plans forward and you want advice from people who have solid experience to guide you along, e-Consultation would be your best bet.

In today's world of electronics, nothings appears impossible :thumbup:

Charles Chew

Cheers,
Charles Chew
www.naturalmajor.com

bibi

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 119 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

Posted 04 November 2005 - 07:31 AM

Bibi,

May i know which country you come from? External consultants need not have to be home-country based. Have you ever considered that e-consulting is the cheapest way of getting external advice to managing your food safety program.

Let me be frank. Nobody will give you their entire intellectual property for free although over at SaferPak, members are willing to help out generally on a macro scale. Appreciate the amount of hard work and time that someone else had put in and to just give all away ....... :doh:

However, if you are in need of serious help and details are required to help to move plans forward and you want advice from people who have solid experience to guide you along, e-Consultation would be your best bet.

In today's world of electronics, nothings appears impossible :thumbup:

Charles Chew

:rolleyes: thank you Charles
I came from Algeria, but I lived in London since 1992.
Just last year I put my self in the "word of electronics" I felt I was running far behind.
Finding Saferpack Discussion Forums was and still a star for me.
:thumbup:
Big improvement in different area of knowledge and confidence, and I start doing internal hygiene audit,and checking and part of the HACCP system member.
I want just to say thank you to every contributors and specially to Charles-Simon and Franco :clap:

(excuse my english)

BIBI

Charles Chew

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,178 posts
  • 54 thanks
Good

• Malaysia
    Malaysia
  • Interests:Food, food and food!

Posted 04 November 2005 - 11:29 AM

Bibi,
My English is probably just as bad nevertheless, thats not the criteria to be a member of SaferPak anyway.

SaferPak is really about Community who are involved in industrial systems giving a hand to others who need some leads. To be fair, there has been a whole lot of people out there who had and has been contributing significantly to the forum. Anyway, glad to have helped out. Let me know if you need any other help.

Cheers!

Edited by charleschew, 04 November 2005 - 11:30 AM.

Cheers,
Charles Chew
www.naturalmajor.com

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,848 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 04 November 2005 - 09:50 PM

Bibi,
My English is probably just as bad nevertheless, thats not the criteria to be a member of SaferPak anyway.

You mean just as good; I admire you guys. My Algerian is just a little better than my Malaysian...absolutely rubbish.

SaferPak is really about Community who are involved in industrial systems giving a hand to others who need some leads. To be fair, there has been a whole lot of people out there who had and has been contributing significantly to the forum. Anyway, glad to have helped out. Let me know if you need any other help.

Can I just echo Charles here. The participating members of these forums are the SDF; they do a wonderful job for nothing and sometimes not even a thank-you. So a big thank you to all of you who share your experience and knowledge here. :clap:

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users