• IFSQN Member
  • 81 posts
  • 36 thanks
Neutral

• Pakistan
    Pakistan

Posted 17 January 2010 - 08:55 AM

dear all,

would you please help me to know about what standards should i meet in order to get HCE Certification??

thanks & best regards

riz

:helpplease:

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,841 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 21 January 2010 - 12:41 PM

dear all,

would you please help me to know about what standards should i meet in order to get HCE Certification??

thanks & best regards

riz

Not sure about HCE. Can you tell us a bit about it Riz.

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Rizwan Ahmed

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 81 posts
  • 36 thanks
Neutral

• Pakistan
    Pakistan

Posted 23 January 2010 - 12:27 PM

dear Simon,

i saw a catering company statement being certified with HCE (hygiene conscious establishment) and certification was awarded by SGS. it was new to me thats i posted here to get some knowledge about it.

regards.

riz

Theo

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 36 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Nigeria
    Nigeria

Posted 23 January 2010 - 04:42 PM

FIRST TIME AM HEARING ABOUT HCE. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THIS CERTIFICATION.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 24 January 2010 - 04:49 AM

Appears to be a company-specific initiative. More details -

Attached File  hce.pdf   263.85KB   123 downloads

Seems to be hygiene-FS "oriented" rather than MS but no personal direct experience.
"HACCP" not mentioned in brochure so presumably such documentation not relevant to this standard.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

Rizwan Ahmed

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 81 posts
  • 36 thanks
Neutral

• Pakistan
    Pakistan

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:37 PM

dear charles,

you found the right document..this is only what i found earlier.

regards.

riz

Madam A. D-tor

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 644 posts
  • 230 thanks
Excellent

• Netherlands
    Netherlands
  • Interests:meat, meat products, ready to eat, food safety, QMS, audits, hazard analyses, IFS, BRC, SQF, HACCP, ISO 9001, ISO 22000

Posted 24 January 2010 - 04:17 PM

Hi Riz,

It seems to me as a monthly hygiene check for small companies (restaurants, butchers, etc).
It does not seem like a real certification to me. More a program to check some microbiological parameters in your process, by SGS laboratory. Probably the SGS-person who is taking the samples and reports the results is also verifying some simple hygiene standards. e.g. cleanliness, sanitation, hand washing, pest control (?), separation of processes.
It can be very helpfull to the small organisations that are not yet required to have an own HACCP-system.

Kind Regards,

Madam A. D-tor

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,250 posts
  • 1301 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:09 AM

dear all,

thanks & best regards

riz

This certification appears to be Singapore specific and may demonstrate some due diligence (I like the fact hey do some micro sampling), however, as Charles has pointed out why does it not cover HACCP? :rolleyes:

Without the inclusion of HACCP this certification is clearly deficient.

Regards,

Tony

Gourav

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 71 posts
  • 21 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 17 May 2010 - 05:54 PM

This certification appears to be Singapore specific and may demonstrate some due diligence (I like the fact hey do some micro sampling), however, as Charles has pointed out why does it not cover HACCP? Posted Image

Without the inclusion of HACCP this certification is clearly deficient.

Regards,

Tony

Hi,
Now HCE has become Hygiene Monitored with a number of features added to it. The focus remians on the basics of food safety and hygiene. Reference to hacco is there but not in that big way. Anyway in a typical restaurant/catering operation we all know what HACC would bring in; it is the time temperature control which is addressed in the checklist. Now there is increased emphasis on the food testing on microbiological parameters; zero pathogen is the qualifying criteria and depending upon the score in the checklist you are awarded the certificate. Audit and testing minimum once in three months is done that too unannounced.

I believe a good program to implement for the beginners and for the stand alone restaurants, smaller hotels, chain of restaurants, butchery shop etc.

Thanks and Regards
Gourav

Gourav

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 71 posts
  • 21 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 17 May 2010 - 06:00 PM

dear all,

thanks & best regards

riz

Posted Image

Hi Riz,
See my post in this thread.
A have posted a presentation on HCE (Hygiene Monitored). Need any furher information do write back here.
Thanks
Gourav

Attached File  Hygiene Monitored Presentation_17.pdf   393.16KB   75 downloads

Thanked by 1 Member:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 18 May 2010 - 08:23 AM

Dear Gourav,

Nice to see yr various posts. :thumbup:

Thks for yr comments and the attachment.

I’m not sure I agree with all yr statements, eg –

Anyway in a typical restaurant/catering operation we all know what HACC would bring in; it is the time temperature control which is addressed in the checklist.

Which time-temperature controls are you referring to ?? Criteria ?

zero pathogen is the qualifying criteria

IMO this is not a very meaningful statement without some more specifics. I presume you are quoting the information in the attachment which I find not very satisfactory. For example consider this extract –

Attached File  hce-microbiological requirements.png   56.6KB   25 downloads

IMO, at least three of the stated microbiological maxima are unrealistic / incorrect and a 4th is questionable. I would very much like to see the validations.

The sampling scheme is not mentioned but the usual procedure for pathogens like Salmonella is really only effective for detecting gross contamination. This is why the HACCP aspect is so important.

I noticed that “HACCP Plan” is included in the scheme’s list of requirements but there is seemingly no score / evaluation of that aspect ? Strange.

The scoring system used is unquestionably convenient and generates some pretty data layouts but IMO is inferior to evaluation procedures based on critical / major /minor defects etc.

Without seeing the full details I may be being a bit unfair but so far not very impressed by this methodology.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Gourav

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 71 posts
  • 21 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 18 May 2010 - 06:12 PM

Dear Gourav,

Nice to see yr various posts. Posted Image

Thks for yr comments and the attachment.

I’m not sure I agree with all yr statements, eg –

Which time-temperature controls are you referring to ?? Criteria ?

IMO this is not a very meaningful statement without some more specifics. I presume you are quoting the information in the attachment which I find not very satisfactory. For example consider this extract –

Attached File  hce-microbiological requirements.png   56.6KB   25 downloads

IMO, at least three of the stated microbiological maxima are unrealistic / incorrect and a 4th is questionable. I would very much like to see the validations.

The sampling scheme is not mentioned but the usual procedure for pathogens like Salmonella is really only effective for detecting gross contamination. This is why the HACCP aspect is so important.

I noticed that “HACCP Plan” is included in the scheme’s list of requirements but there is seemingly no score / evaluation of that aspect ? Strange.

The scoring system used is unquestionably convenient and generates some pretty data layouts but IMO is inferior to evaluation procedures based on critical / major /minor defects etc.

Without seeing the full details I may be being a bit unfair but so far not very impressed by this methodology.

Rgds / Charles.C

Hi Charles,
Thanks for your reply.
The zero pathogen in the food sample is the qualification criteria. However You have questioned the parameters selected for a proticular kind of food. I tend to agree with the choice of clostridium for freshly prepared food and not canned.

The checklist has the weighted marking for different points. I am attaching the partial checklist, just to strenghthen my point. Can not load full checklist for obvious reasons. Other wise checklist has following broad headings: -
Interface with customer
Receiving
Non refrigerated storage
Refrigerated and frozen storage
Personal Hygiene
Preparation
Processing
Table ware
Service to guest
management of waste and pest control
Cleaning Plan
Management control (under this the HACCPplans are covered)

I would once again say that complete HACCP is not there. This program majorly focuses on the PRPs. hence useful for stand alone restaurants, smaller hotels, butcher shops, retail shops etc.

Time and temperature control: -
Now a lot of validated data is available on combination of cooking temp and time, cooling time and temps to be achieved within given time, reheating temp.
IMO Moreover when implementing HACCP validation can be supported with industry accepted data form a relaible source e.g. above mentioned temp, pasteurization temps etc.

Thanks

Attached Files

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users