Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,841 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 06 November 2005 - 08:19 PM

Companies that manufacture or use additives in the production of plastics that are marketed for food-contact use in the European Union (EU) should be aware of an upcoming deadline with respect to the need for specific "positive listings" for plastics additives in EU legislation.

Specifically, the second amendment to the EU "Plastics Directive" (Commission Directive 2004/19/EC, amending Directive 2002/72/EC relating to plastic materials and articles intended to come into contact with foodstuffs) requires that the Commission establish, by December 31, 2007, at the latest, the date upon which all plastics additives will be required to be included on the Plastics Directive's positive list. Further, the amendment establishes that, to ensure the uninterrupted use of additives that currently are not listed, complete petitions must be submitted to the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) no later than December 31, 2006.

"If you are marketing substances or packaging in Europe, you need to act now to make sure you will be covered in the years to come."

Read Full Article:
EU Deadline Approaches for Manufacturers, Users of Plastic Additives

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users