bacon

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 173 posts
  • 77 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:NOAA HACCP & Better Process Control School Certified, GFSI Schemes (BRC/SQF) Certified, Woolworths Quality Assurance (WQA), USDC, FDA, U.S. Army and client audit preparation; Seafood Processing, Supplier Approval

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:53 PM

I have spoken with some colleagues of mine that have been struggling with ISO/GFSI training requirement over the years. We have been brainstorming on how to eliminate the potentially tremendous admin time spent “making the paper safe” (through very cumbersome excessive signage) that does not add value/make the food safe.

I have found it is the way one deploys the training system, not just on paper but in the “field”, that has to be re-visited. The added bonus is this not only “just to pass the audit” but it actually adds value by getting employees trained, aligned with clear expectations provided by management.

If you haven’t solved this issue already, or have QA people that are struggling with this, I though it may be useful to you or any you may know.

This method will provide:

1) The production supervisor’s easy access to:

a. Job descriptions
b. non-time consuming method of verification

2) The auditor can quickly and easily without a paper chase then look directly at:

a. Training Descriptions
b. Verification/Date initial by supervisor/trainer

3) Provides as a Training Register with Verification

Sorry, this is for SQF Code requirements. I think it will be a bit trickier with BRC but I think it is doable/applicable to any ISO/GFSI training requirement with a little modification:
__________________________________________________________________________________
Hard Copy print out of Employee Training Registrar/List Matrix either:

1) “posted” in the dept/area
or
2) in the beginning of an Employee Training Binder with details of the Job Descriptions

(For some reason i cannot attach an example or the matrix, but it is not rocket science)

The Employee Training Registrar/List Matrix:
1) a vertical list of employees going down.
2) with a horizontal list of skills/training across the top going left to right.
3) in each intersection, a "cell" with a slash through it is filled out with a date on one side and the trainer initial on the other side.

Employee Training Binders
:
1) can be in the Dept/Area for Supervisor/Trainer to fill out when an employee comes to work in that dept/area.
The job descriptions are specified by each area (cleaning/sanitation as well) that the trainer/supervisor will be responsible for and to verify.

QA Dept will be responsible for all Food Safety Training/initialing.

Essential
: training SOP communicated to all trainer/supervisors.

i. Participant name;
ii. Skills description;
iii. Description of the training provided;
iv. Date training completed;
v. Trainer or training provider; and
vi. Supervisor’s verification the training was completed and that the trainee is competent to complete the required tasks.

Cheers,

-Cory

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users