• IFSQN Associate
  • 37 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 06 March 2010 - 08:21 AM

greetings to all

We are going to have a great outdoor catering for IPL cricket series. as iam a hygiene monitor i want to know the major key areas of general hygiene and sanitation. what are all the possiblities of food cross contamination and food poisoning factors and also i want to know how to prevent these....?Please let me know what are all the PRPs and OPRPs i have to maintain and look for it in food production dept. :unsure:

Thank you in advance for your feeback. :thumbup:

"we are what we eat"

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,841 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:14 AM

Please be patient Anju, members will repsond in due course. There is no need to make multiple topics on the same question.

Thanks,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Anie

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 26 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 07 March 2010 - 05:37 AM

Dear anjuhttp://www.ifsqn.com...?showtopic=9594,

Valuable advice was given to me by our group members an year and a half back. you can refer the post .
Out door catering advice posted in June 2008.

Thanks
Anie

anju

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 37 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 08 March 2010 - 05:19 AM

Thank u anie. :smarty: sites were useful and the information from our members too.

It will helps me a lot. Once again thank u so much. :thumbup:

"we are what we eat"

Jean

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 429 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 08 March 2010 - 05:19 AM

Dear Anju,

If you can provide more details on the type of operation, then maybe we can help you more.

Best regards,

J

Only the curious will learn and only the resolute overcome the obstacles to learning. The quest quotient has always excited me more than the intelligence quotient. Eugene S Wilson

Kamwenji Njuma

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 131 posts
  • 47 thanks
Neutral

• Kenya
    Kenya
  • Interests:Food safety,Quality,Hygiene and Agricultural consultancy.HACCP,BRC Food,ISO22000.ISO9001,GLOBALG.A.P,Etc

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:54 PM

Dear Anju,

Just to add i think it would be better to go the HACCP way,that is you draw a HACCP plan for the operation from the point of raw materials receiving-processing-storage and to the field.In all these sections analyse the critical areas and get the control measures for them so that to provide safe,quality and legal products to people attending the cricket series.

Regards,
Kamwenji Njuma

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,250 posts
  • 1300 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:41 AM

We are going to have a great outdoor catering for IPL cricket series. as iam a hygiene monitor i want to know the major key areas of general hygiene and sanitation. what are all the possiblities of food cross contamination and food poisoning factors and also i want to know how to prevent these....?Please let me know what are all the PRPs and OPRPs i have to maintain and look for it in food production dept. :unsure:
Thank you in advance for your feeback. :thumbup:

Hi Anju

A sample procedure from one of our Food Service manuals is attached.

Attached File  PRP_012_Food_Service_Outside_Catering_Events.pdf   126.92KB   112 downloads

Regards,

Tony

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:55 AM

Dear Tony,

Regarding yr PRP.

How about "responsible people", documentation other than thermometer ? I appreciate the actual situation may in practice be somewhat ad-hoc but the PRP seems a little sparse somehow. (Perhaps there is an SOP to expand it somewhere else ?)

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Jean

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 429 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:05 AM

Dear Anju,

Hope the attached guidelines from CAC will be useful.

Attached Files

Best regards,

J

Only the curious will learn and only the resolute overcome the obstacles to learning. The quest quotient has always excited me more than the intelligence quotient. Eugene S Wilson

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,250 posts
  • 1300 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:35 PM

Dear Anju,

Hope the attached guidelines from CAC will be useful.

Jean

Although some useful guidelines is this appropriate to outside catering?

Regards,

Tony

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,250 posts
  • 1300 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:45 PM

Dear Tony,

Regarding yr PRP.

How about "responsible people", documentation other than thermometer ? I appreciate the actual situation may in practice be somewhat ad-hoc but the PRP seems a little sparse somehow. (Perhaps there is an SOP to expand it somewhere else ?)

Rgds / Charles.C

There is an extensive range of "SOPs" including Food Safety Management System Documents, Prerequisite Programme Manual Documents & HACCP Manual Documents.
I would prefer a temperature check to a subjective check although staff training is extremely important.

Regards,

Tony

rahul

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 12 March 2010 - 06:26 AM

Dear Ms.Anju,

Kindly go to USFDA Website and look for USFDA HACCP Retail Manual. Worth following it.

Best Regards

Thanked by 1 Member:

Jean

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 429 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 21 March 2010 - 10:54 AM

Jean

Although some useful guidelines is this appropriate to outside catering?

Regards,

Tony

Hi Tony,

Sorry for a late response as I didn’t notice your post. What is your opinion regarding the same question?
Each catering operation varies and it will be difficult, IMO to have tailor made guidelines for each. I would be interested to see if there is any contradicting my statement.

Best regards,

J

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,250 posts
  • 1300 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 05 April 2010 - 02:51 AM

Hi Tony,
Sorry for a late response as I didn’t notice your post. What is your opinion regarding the same question?
Each catering operation varies and it will be difficult, IMO to have tailor made guidelines for each. I would be interested to see if there is any contradicting my statement.

Hi Jean

The point I was making is that although the standards were fine it wasn't particularly appropriate to outside catering as this tends to be a temporary and mobile set up.

Regards,

Tony

Jean

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 429 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 05 April 2010 - 06:12 AM

Hi Tony,

Correct me if I am wrong, I would consider the temporary or mobile set up also under the category of outside catering. Our company does a lot of outdoor caterings which include having a mobile set up as well as have participated in temporary units. For all catering done outside our unit is considered as outside catering. I hope I have cleared my point.Posted Image

Best regards,

J

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,250 posts
  • 1300 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 05 April 2010 - 06:34 AM

Hi Tony,

Correct me if I am wrong, I would consider the temporary or mobile set up also under the category of outside catering. Our company does a lot of outdoor caterings which include having a mobile set up as well as have participated in temporary units. For all catering done outside our unit is considered as outside catering. I hope I have cleared my point.Posted Image

That is fine what I am saying is the code you attached is not intended for outside catering operations:

CODE OF HYGIENIC PRACTICE FOR PRECOOKED AND COOKED FOODS IN MASS CATERING
CAC/RCP 39-1993
This Code deals with the hygienic requirements for cooking raw foods and handling cooked and precooked foods intended for feeding large groups of people, such as children in schools, the elderly either in old peoples homes or by means of "meals on wheels", patients in nursing homes and hospitals, persons in prisons, schools and similar institutions.

Regards,

Tony

Jean

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 429 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 05 April 2010 - 08:43 AM

Thanks Tony! Now I understand.Posted Image

Best regards,

J

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,250 posts
  • 1300 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:23 AM

Thanks Tony! Now I understand.Posted Image

No problem Jean

Kind regards,

Tony

Numicoqa

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• China
    China

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:34 AM

No problem Jean

Kind regards,

Tony

hello, everyone, I'm very glad to join you. one task listed in our monthly HACCP group meeting minutes is to monitor and adivse for outside catering. I'm very intrested in your experience and related regulations in your country or region.

thanks and regards,

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users