Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 364 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 06 April 2010 - 08:55 AM

Does anybody from drinking water or mineral water field? i'm curious about the traceability system that implemeted, becasue raw material is water. how do u all trace the water??

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,856 posts
  • 1366 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 06 April 2010 - 08:31 PM

How would one trace water - time / volume? :dunno:

Any ideas members?

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

FSSM

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 207 posts
  • 34 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:01 PM

Does anybody from drinking water or mineral water field? i'm curious about the traceability system that implemeted, becasue raw material is water. how do u all trace the water??

I suppose you have to get your water to some kind of process to get it suitable as drinking water.

Where does your water come from?
Can you define a batch per that process?

I think you must be getting some lot indication in your product right now, what is the base for that?

Regards,

FSSM

carine

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 364 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 11 April 2010 - 12:32 AM

water is come form local authorities, and not form well, now we only using colur code to define the production date on it only, and no control on raw water because water keep on flowing in , while production is 24h.

FSSM

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 207 posts
  • 34 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 12 April 2010 - 04:14 PM

water is come form local authorities, and not form well, now we only using colur code to define the production date on it only, and no control on raw water because water keep on flowing in , while production is 24h.

Good, you know where your water come from, you say you identify by production date, maybe you also have more information, like hour of production, since your process is continous. Then a batch should be defined by the frequency that you check your specifications are ok, and then have a database of where your end product is at, what are your customers, what quantity they have, from what batch, what batchs are still in your facilities.

Regards,

FSSM

carine

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 364 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 12 April 2010 - 04:36 PM

actually to be honest, we use colour code of raffia string to tie the products to identyfy the prodcution day, this system still not perfectly, because 6 color code we used and 2 colour will be in 1 day (24h for 2 shifts),, so sometimes we had been query by auditor what if customer kept our product more than 3 days?? and this definitely is a problem when we have a recall prodcut practice. So anyone of u have good idea about this please drop me a comment, thanks

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users