• IFSQN Associate
  • 13 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• China
    China

Posted 24 August 2010 - 02:15 AM

hello everyone
nice to meet you.I am a freshman to come here,now I need your help to finish my work.I saw a guide named "Food Safety Guidelines for the Fresh-cut Produce Industry, Fourth Edition"and"HACCP Plan for Fresh-cut Produce",but I didn't get them.If somebody has the informations about them,could you send them here? thank you very much.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 24 August 2010 - 01:43 PM

Dear Eric Yang,

Unfortunately, you have to be a member of IFPA to obtain those refs. Not sure about the most recent update but i can tell you from previous browsing that the HACCP plan probably used to essentially consist of 2 items - metal detection and chlorination of the designated washing / bacterial reduction step.

Many authorities consider that it is debatable whether a traditional HACCP plan is appropriate for most vegetables. Lot more information and useful links are available in the posts around this location- http://www.ifsqn.com...dpost__p__34777

Rgds / Charles.C

BTW, Welcome to the forum :welcome:

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 24 August 2010 - 02:19 PM

hello everyone
nice to meet you.I am a freshman to come here,now I need your help to finish my work.I saw a guide named "Food Safety Guidelines for the Fresh-cut Produce Industry, Fourth Edition"and"HACCP Plan for Fresh-cut Produce",but I didn't get them.If somebody has the informations about them,could you send them here? thank you very much.

Hi Eric

Try this link:

http://www.fda.gov/F...ducts/UCM064458

There is a lot of useful information and guidance.

Regards,

Tony

rosie

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 118 posts
  • 12 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:01 PM

Attached File  Fresh_Produce_Code of Practice FSAI.pdf   327.23KB   47 downloadsAttached File  Teagasc manual on ready to use fruit and vegetables.pdf   402.48KB   42 downloads

Hi

I have worked in fresh produce and found the attached documents useful.Good luck

Rosie

Eric yang

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 13 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• China
    China

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:12 PM

Thanks very much for your replies,I have dowmloaded the attachments ,I think they are very useful and important for me,I will read them in earnest ,thanks again.Of course,if someone has the imformations about the topic,Would you like to share with me?

Eric yang

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 13 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• China
    China

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:20 PM

Rosie,
thanks for your documents,Maybe I need your help about fresh produce in future.

Attached File  Fresh_Produce_Code of Practice FSAI.pdf   327.23KB   47 downloadsAttached File  Teagasc manual on ready to use fruit and vegetables.pdf   402.48KB   42 downloads

Hi

I have worked in fresh produce and found the attached documents useful.Good luck

Rosie

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:32 PM

Dear Rosie,

Great (accessible) references for practical usage IMO. :thumbup:

It's still a matter of debate however I think both documents have become rather out of date with respect to HACCP as generally applied in this area. GAP-type systems have more or less taken over for pre-harvesting stages and lack of kill-steps negated HACCP for post-harvesting. ISO 22000 has got a bit more of a chance by creating OPRPs to slot in the middle (for what it's worth).

Rgds / Charles.C

PS another aspect is the increasing resistance to use of any significant chlorination in various countries.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Margaret Balfour

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:11 AM

hello everyone

Dear Eric,
Regarding your post about fresh-cut guidelines, you may wish to contact enquiries@csiro.au to purchase the publication called:
Food Safety Guidelines for the Australian Fresh-cut Produce Industry, 2nd edition, December 1998. Cooperative Research Centre for International Food Manufacture & Packaging Science.
This may be of some assistance to you. It is however an Australian publication, not American but should still fundamentally address the same or similar food safety issues.
Kind regards,
Margaret Balfour

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:32 AM

Dear Eric,
Regarding your post about fresh-cut guidelines, you may wish to contact enquiries@csiro.au to purchase the publication called:
Food Safety Guidelines for the Australian Fresh-cut Produce Industry, 2nd edition, December 1998. Cooperative Research Centre for International Food Manufacture & Packaging Science.
This may be of some assistance to you. It is however an Australian publication, not American but should still fundamentally address the same or similar food safety issues.
Kind regards,
Margaret Balfour

Posted Image

I can see why Australian Food Companies would buy this but can't really see why anyone else would want to when there is so much free guidance available that is more up to date (FDA Guidelines 2008).

Regards,

Tony

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users