Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 582 posts
  • 60 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 27 September 2010 - 01:03 AM

WCm is good topic but its looking old now.... Is there any up date for this topic?

rgds
AS Nur

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,836 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 27 September 2010 - 03:40 PM

Hi AS Nur,

Maybe Lean Business is the new WCM, that used to be TQM or maybe Business Process Engineering. They are all just terms made up to repackage the same thing usually by consultants and authors or gurus.

You enjoyed the OEE primer so I'm attaching a trilogy of articles from my new found buddy.

Attached File  Mere Mortal Managers Self-Correction.pdf   19.13KB   54 downloads
Attached File  Mere Mortal Managers Preparation.pdf   20.56KB   36 downloads
Attached File  Mere Mortal Managers Execution.pdf   20.75KB   35 downloads

Maybe we can discuss and perhaps develop a new business improvement methodology. :biggrin:

Cheers,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

AS NUR

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 582 posts
  • 60 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 29 September 2010 - 02:03 AM

Thanks Simon for the docs...

Actually i use OEE to measure performanceof our manufacturing process..but is there anybody know how can we elaborate the Food safety and quality performance, productivity and finance performance ?
is elaborate system like that have standard for WCM?

rgds

AS Nur

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,836 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 03 October 2010 - 07:30 PM

Actually i use OEE to measure performanceof our manufacturing process..but is there anybody know how can we elaborate the Food safety and quality performance, productivity and finance performance ?
is elaborate system like that have standard for WCM?

Can you try to explain what you mean by:
how can we elaborate the Food safety and quality performance, productivity and finance performance?

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.

AS NUR

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 582 posts
  • 60 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 07 October 2010 - 01:07 AM

Can you try to explain what you mean by:
how can we elaborate the Food safety and quality performance, productivity and finance performance?

Hi SImon..

I just want to know if we can run quality and safety system well, as my logic, its can effect to productivity and financial performance.. but in actuali cant find any tools like OEE to elaborate QUality and safety system to financial performance. I hope peoples here can help me.. so i can see what is WCM goal clearly..

Rgds

AS NUR

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,836 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 12 October 2010 - 03:50 PM

Sorry for the late reply AS Nur,

If I get you right you are saying how do we link OEE improvements to improvements in financial performance. Is this correct?

When you talk about WCM I don't know a lot about it. A standard that I find useful is ISO 9004 and especially the Self Assessment of Key Elements V's Maturity levels. I think any organisation that can say they operate to level 5 for all elements would truly be a World Class Organization.

AS NUR

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 582 posts
  • 60 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 04 November 2010 - 01:19 AM

Sorry for the late reply AS Nur,

If I get you right you are saying how do we link OEE improvements to improvements in financial performance. Is this correct?

When you talk about WCM I don't know a lot about it. A standard that I find useful is ISO 9004 and especially the Self Assessment of Key Elements V's Maturity levels. I think any organisation that can say they operate to level 5 for all elements would truly be a World Class Organization.

ist ok simon.. yup.. thats what I mean.. i want to expalin to the top mgmnt.. OEE can be a tool to improve financial performance.. BUt i dont know to interconect it...and for ISO 9004, can you give me a brief of that..?

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,836 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 26 November 2010 - 12:40 PM

Many apologies for the loooooong delay in replying As Nur.

ISO 9004:2009 allows organizations to enhance the quality of product and service delivery to their customers by promoting self-assessment as an important tool to enable organizations to:

• Benchmark their level of maturity, covering leadership, strategy, management system, resources, and processes
  • Identify their strengths and weaknesses
  • Identify opportunities for either improvements or innovation, or both.
The self-assessment tool may become a key element during the strategic planning processes in any organization.

“The objectives of customer satisfaction and product quality are extended in ISO 9004:2009 to include the satisfaction of interested parties and the performance of the organization. The combination of ISO 9001 and ISO 9004 will allow you to get the most of your quality management system.

You will find the Self Assessment towards the the back of ISO 9004:2009

GMO

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,849 posts
  • 726 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:48 AM

ISO 9004 sounds really intersting. Maturity is sadly lacking in most food industry I've worked in! A greater tendency to running the shop like it's a school playground IME!

I was about to suggest some kind of "first time quality" measure but this sounds far more in depth. Still, it might still be useful to have an easy measure you can give every day alongside OEE. So "first time quality" or "right first time" could be calculated by:

%FTQ = (total made - holds, rework, waste etc) / total made x 100

Remembering of course that any product "held for a decision" is not right first time as it's undergone some change which has made it wrong or potentially wrong. It's a good measure to use as actually lots of stuff in the FTQ measure is a waste (holds, rework etc) but is difficult to measure. It's also quick to calculate and is so powerful alongside OEE as if OEE is going up but FTQ is going down; you're kidding yourself if you think you're saving money.

Edited by GMO, 27 November 2010 - 09:48 AM.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,836 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 05 December 2010 - 01:09 PM

You could add cost of credit notes or customer returns / rejects into that equation GMO....BTW Quality is an essential variable in OEE calculation

No point in speeding up and running longer if what you produce goes in the bin.:unsure:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users