Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:24 AM

I am considering becoming a 3rd party auditor in the UK. My problem is that I have no formal qualification that potential employers would regard, except a lifetime of practical processing experience in Oz of running Q.A programs in the poultry caper, both live processing, further processing and retail . So, what I would like to do is gain qualification, my problem being how???

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Currently based in Swansea and am happy to self fund.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,831 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 28 October 2010 - 07:34 AM

Welcome to the forums Julian. The first important question is to which standard do you wish to become a third party auditor e.g. ISO standards, BRC standards. As the route is very different.

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

julian

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 28 October 2010 - 12:09 PM

Welcome to the forums Julian. The first important question is to which standard do you wish to become a third party auditor e.g. ISO standards, BRC standards. As the route is very different.

Regards,
Simon

Good question, whichever covers the meat/poultry sector the most. One of the joys of shifting countries is trying to get a handle on how things work.
The plans that I have been operating against are loosely based on ISO 9001. In Melbourne the whole "Protein" industry is governed by "Primesafe" , so it is one set of rules to follow, one interpretation.
I am finding that it is not quite the same here.

To properly answer the question, I would like to go down the ISO route initially then add strings to the bow as I go along.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users