• IFSQN Associate
  • 24 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Portugal
    Portugal

Posted 28 December 2010 - 05:09 PM

Hello all,

I would like some opinion's.I am a consultant in HACCP, most of my clients are restaurants,day care and elderly home's and i have to train them.
I would like some new ideas for the theme of the training.I don't have any ideas :uhm: :wacko:.

I already talked about GMP, cross contamination, hazards related with food and the 7 principals of HACCP.
Generally training session is for about 90 minuts, can you give more ideas, please??

Happy Holidays :x_biggrin:

Best Regards

Andreia

GMO

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,849 posts
  • 726 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:14 AM

I'd relate things as far as possible to what they understand. That's a lot to cover in 90 minutes so I'd either extend the session or be more realistic about what you can achieve in it. Do they really need to understand the 7 principles? If they do, I suggest spending at least 3-4 hours on them alone!

Anyway, as I was saying, I'd relate things to what they can understand and have experience with to illustrate your point. E.g. talk about preparing and cooking a chicken then using leftovers, as that can bring in all of the things you talk about and it's something probably everyone in the room will have done. I'd use lots of different media, use "spot the hazard" photographs in catering style environments, videos (even if not in the right language you don't have to play the soundtrack.) Get people giving you suggestions, make it interactive. Realise that many people learn in different ways, some people like to listen, some people like to see visual things, some like to experience things, make sure you have something in there for everyone and make sure you repeat things in lots of different ways, it helps understanding and memory.

Thanked by 3 Members:

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,224 posts
  • 1292 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 04 January 2011 - 05:41 AM

Hello all,

I would like some opinion's.I am a consultant in HACCP, most of my clients are restaurants,day care and elderly home's and i have to train them.
I would like some new ideas for the theme of the training.I don't have any ideas :uhm: :wacko:.

I already talked about GMP, cross contamination, hazards related with food and the 7 principals of HACCP.
Generally training session is for about 90 minuts, can you give more ideas, please??

Happy Holidays :x_biggrin:

Best Regards

Andreia

Suggested Food Service topics some of which may have been covered by GMP:

Allergen control
Cooking methods/procedures for checking
Cooling and Freezing
Defrosting
Food Preparation Procedures
Hygiene Policy
Food Service Storage and Handling Conditions
Glass Breakage Procedures
Hand Washing Procedure
Hot Holding
Hygiene and Housekeeping
Cleaning
Non-refrigerated buffet display
Pest Control
Prevention of Biological Physical and Chemical Contamination
Reheating
Rules for Handling Food Safely
Types of Allergen
Use of Cloths
Using a Probe Thermometer
Waste Control

Regards,

Tony

Thanked by 2 Members:

Margaret Balfour

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:17 AM

Consider a case study in a similar environment of food poisoning outbreak. Present the facts of the case then propose to the group to consider all the possible causes of the problem and what could have been done to avoid the problem.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,835 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:41 PM

That glowgerm (uv light) or whatever it's called is very good as it shows how bacteria can be spread around the place.

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users