• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Chile
    Chile

Posted 08 March 2011 - 03:01 PM

Dears,

I am updating the program of Integrated Pest Management and I need if anyone has records and procedures.

thanks

best regards

ericcaces

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Chile
    Chile

Posted 08 March 2011 - 03:04 PM

someone has information related to AIB

AS NUR

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 582 posts
  • 60 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 09 March 2011 - 01:02 AM

dear ericcaces
you can ask pest provider.. as my experinece one of them that i know have AIB standard is Rentokil, may be the other country have another pest provider It can help you to implement IPM as AIB Standard

hope can help you..

rgds

AS Nur

Dr Ajay Shah

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 318 posts
  • 106 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 09 March 2011 - 06:43 AM

It is better to contact a reputable pest control company within your country and they will be able to assist you. They are the experts at what they are doing and you can be guided by their advice.

Dr Ajay Shah.,
BSc (Hons), MSc, PhD, PGCE(FE)
Managing Director & Principal Consultant
AAS Food Technology Pty Ltd
www.aasfood.com

hygienic

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 457 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 11 March 2011 - 07:30 AM

Dear All;

I would like to ask under this topic (IPM System ). Is there a new system based on Chemical free named ECO pest control ?
Is it effective to apply and implement this system in food catering ? it can be control the flies and other pests might be find in the kitchen ot other premises , ?
What kind of certificates that the Pest control contractor should have to implement such as this system in food catering? I mean I heard that the contractor should have ISO 14001 or SO 9001 is right? why I am asking because or pest control contractor wants to implement the ECO Pest control and he already started but frankly I am not sure If they fully aware about this system because there are some faults occured , So I want to know exactly if there is any good resutls or benifits can be got from this system or just only they want to save money instead of using chemicals .

Please share in this point .

Regards
Hygienic

DAVE84

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 106 posts
  • 36 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:49 PM

Hi Ariccaces,

I guess if you read the aid audit guidance document you will get best idea. I can give you a snap shot that you must have to cover in your IPM. If you have any person inside the facility who has a licence than he can manage your IPM and you do not need any outside company for your IPM. IF you do not have any person with licence than you will need to contact outside contact company or send any employee for certification.
Once you have this. You have control pest in your plant. What i will do is i will place rodent trap outside the parimeter of facility and incide perimeter. That will give you idea of pest activity. Now if you have lot pest activity in outside trap than i will increase the number of traps as well as will move little bit away from outside perimeter. This will continue untill you have zero rodents in inside traps. Talking about pheromon trap start weith few place which is prone for inspection and monitor them, once you finalise the prone area make a small diagram of trap location and monitor them weekly. You will also need to monitor insect trap depending on the activity you get (make sure to place scatter proof bulbs in insect traps). Perform audit of you IPM plan yearly. For any increase activity DO NOT forget to write corrective action taken by you. Upgrade your location of traps if needed after carful observatoin of activity if needed.

Sorry its a long list but if you do this things, you will easily clear your audit.

Regards

Dave

Ptinid

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 40 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Pest Management, Angling, Blues. Not necessarily in that order!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 09:19 PM

Dear All;

I would like to ask under this topic (IPM System ). Is there a new system based on Chemical free named ECO pest control ?
Is it effective to apply and implement this system in food catering ? it can be control the flies and other pests might be find in the kitchen ot other premises , ?
What kind of certificates that the Pest control contractor should have to implement such as this system in food catering? I mean I heard that the contractor should have ISO 14001 or SO 9001 is right? why I am asking because or pest control contractor wants to implement the ECO Pest control and he already started but frankly I am not sure If they fully aware about this system because there are some faults occured , So I want to know exactly if there is any good resutls or benifits can be got from this system or just only they want to save money instead of using chemicals .

Please share in this point .

Regards
Hygienic

Dear Hygienic

Eco pest control is determined by the regulations of the country. In the UK, we usually mean companies who operate to the standards set by the Soil Association and other Organic Certifiers, however this will vary from country to country.

Any system of completely pesticide-free pest control will fail if it does not work well with your in-house hygiene systems, and indeed challenge them. A good pest controller needs to be looking at why pests are there and helping you change your factory environment to reduce numbers and so food risks.

ISO and SO systems are not relevant to this system as far as I know.

Good pest-free pest control relies strongly on the ERD principles (already discussed on this forum). However, you need to have strong, clear guidelines as to what you do when you have a problem. How will the PCO deal with a fly issue without using pesticides? How will they deal with Plodia moths without using insecticides? These things can be done - but you do need to know, at least in broad terms, what they will do before you agree to implement the system.

We do it, and it works, but sometime, frankly, it is safer, cheaper and quicker just to poison the pests!!!

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 20 March 2011 - 08:48 PM

Non toxic let's you know you have a problem, but to eradicate them you need to hit them with the hard stuff.

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

BPBG Metro

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:49 PM

Hello,

I am the pest control coordinator for a food packaging manufacturing plant.  Related to IPM, does anyone know where I can find a list of plants that should be avoided when landscaping to prevent attracting insects or wildlife?  I am told by my pest control service that my landscapers should know but I feel that I need to verify this independently rather than simply rely on them to know what plants they should not put into our landscaping. 

Margaux

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 10 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 04 May 2014 - 02:36 PM

Hi BPBG,

Seems no one had answered your query, but i hope this time you already address it. Just my thought, insects and plants are very-long-time partners in the ecosystem, various insects are being attracted by various plants, so whatever plant species you put in your landscape, there are still insects or wild life that may harbor on it, these are the external factors we cannot control, i must say, we can hardly control.

To avoid attracting pests in your area, pest proofing and sanitation are practical, simplest, yet effective way. :)

Prudence

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 14 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:44 PM

Hi BPBG

Margaux has it spot on.

I live on a very small crowded island - most of our factories are trying to encourage wildlife !

The only thing I would recommend avoiding is ground cover planting that is rodent-friendly and pest controller-proof - that's any species of Berberis (dense, low growing and prickly) and Cotoneaster horizontalis (just dense and low growing) or any plants that have the same habit - those that provide low level cover and potentially trap debris and give unwanted pests a safe refuge.

Keep vegetation off your buiding, no overhanging trees or climbers and you will reduce the risk of pests entering your building.

On the plus side, what a fantastic opportunity to encourage some interesting insects/ birds. Good nectar plants or fruiting trees - preferably local native species - are unlikely to cause problems - other than employees being too busy nature watching to come back from their breaks !!

If you have a clear apron around your facility, you are much less likely to have pest problems migrating from outside.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users