• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Swaziland
    Swaziland

Posted 09 August 2011 - 09:07 AM

Hi
I just started an internship with a sugar company and my boss told me to find 5 minutes talk topics on food safety and food quality. Please help.

Hannah74

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:37 AM

I used to work in sugar, these were big topics for us:

Principles of Metal Detection
Traceability
Hygiene
Package Integrity
Security

Thanked by 1 Member:

Jan Lillemo

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:42 PM

For a first talk on food safety, I always like to focus on why it is so important.

Can you find out how much sugar you process every day, and then how much a typical person eats in a day? This would allow you to determine how many lives your plant touches in a day. I'm sure it is millions. This helps to put food safety into perspective - what is the potential impact if you had a food safety problem? There are also many examples on the internet of companies that had food safety issues and are now out of business. Those are always good examples.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

ugowest

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 17 August 2011 - 02:08 PM

Hi
I just started an internship with a sugar company and my boss told me to find 5 minutes talk topics on food safety and food quality. Please help.

ugowest

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 17 August 2011 - 02:11 PM

Hi -
I would look through your GMP / Sanitation / Quality audit results and determine what the main issues are for your plant. You could then develop a bullet list of topics and review what the requirements are, why it's important, and what your own company policies are. If you can work on problem areas first it will give you some time to identify other relevant issues.

Edna kaylah

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Swaziland
    Swaziland

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:32 AM

So I finished the first batch of 5 minutes talk topics. Even got pictures/cartoon from the internet to make them attractive, lively and really cute. Plus my boss was really impressed.:smarty: . Thanx to you all.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,835 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:27 PM

So I finished the first batch of 5 minutes talk topics. Even got pictures/cartoon from the internet to make them attractive, lively and really cute. Plus my boss was really impressed.:smarty: . Thanx to you all.

Excellent work Edna, I'm glad the forum was able to help you.

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users