• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Saudi Arabia
    Saudi Arabia

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:12 AM

Hello,

We are manufacturing plastic closures for food indutries. We are planning to implement Haccp system, in our plant. Can you share your haccp documents such as Haccp plan, supplier & product risk assesment, ccp justification etc.

Thanks,
YOUSEF

Hi

I am new to this site & quite new to HACCP & just wondered if anyone could guide me in the right direction.

The company I work for is a co-packing factory & they currently have HACCP in place, but it needs reviewing for the new BRC requirements & I am unsure as how to go about it.

We currently have a file for HACCP stuff in it, covering HACCP principles, Pre-requisites, supplier & product risk-assessment, CCP justification, HACCP verification, HACCP validation, HACCP review, & then we have all the HACCP flow diaqgrams & the scopes.

But what I need to know is; do I use all this work as a basis & add to it & make the necessary changes or do I have to start again from scratch.

I am also unsure as what the extra work (so to speak) that is required by BRC.

We do not handle any raw foods, we handle for example: cereal bars that are already packed in a wrapper but the customer may require them to be packed in boxes of 5 per pack, or we pack different non -food components into a gift pack.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,836 posts
  • 1364 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:27 PM

Hello,

We are manufacturing plastic closures for food indutries. We are planning to implement Haccp system, in our plant. Can you share your haccp documents such as Haccp plan, supplier & product risk assesment, ccp justification etc.

Thanks,
YOUSEF

Hello Yousef, Sorry for the very late response. I have a couple of ideas for you:

Although quite old now here is an example HACCP manual for packaging

We also sell a comprehensive, editable documentation package in our store - BRC/IOP Food Safety and Quality Management System - Packaging Manufacturers Edition

If you have further questions please feel free to ask.

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Thanked by 1 Member:

rambharosa

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:43 PM

Dear yousef , to implement HACCP for packaging industry , is kind of tough job, because in general you dont find strong and genuine hazards and their critical control point as compare to a pure food product industry.
i would like to say thanks to Mr. Simon who provide you some PDF doc. regarding this.
i will prefer that you do the following excersise at your end..
1) first make plant lay out , include all location and department in that lay out
2) make process flow diagram
3) define intended use of your product
now do analysis on each step/location of the plant lay out as well as on the process flow diagram steps.
try to find out what type of hazards you can find there.
when harzards are defined then decide their control measures.
make some manuals
like Food safety manual, HACCP procedure manual, Good manufacturing Practices manual.
Make PRP's for your plant for water supply, air quality, personal hygiene, pest control activities etc..
If you are able to develop effective checklist and sop's in your GMP manual then , you will be able to implement haccp in your organisation.
feel free for further clarification.
regards.
ram.

Thanked by 2 Members:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users