• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:57 AM

Dear Friends
I am in the process of implementation of ISO 22000 :2005 in a Rice bran crude oil extractin(solvent extraction,solvent use food grade Hexane)
& oil refinery plant( degumming with 0.25% phosphoric acid ,agitation with water ,bleaching with activated carbon & bleaching earth, dewaxing by
chilled water ,deodoring by heating at 250 deg C with the help of thermic fluid passing through heating coil. it is under vacuum. Free fatty acid .
removed from the vapour. I will be very greatful to person /s who will help me in identifting Biological,chemical Hazard identification & critical control
limit determination. I will provide all informations relating to FLOW PROCESS CHART and other details
I once again request Forum members to provide support

with warm Regards
S.Majumdar

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,836 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

Can anybody help with this HACCP query?

Thanks,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Amena Jamshaid

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Pakistan
    Pakistan

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:37 AM

Dear Majumdar,

There is no as such biological hazard if your processing is just fat and oil based. if you are producing industrial shortenings than there is a risk of biological hazards. As far as other risk are concerned chemicals hazards are there and some physical hazards too. Regarding Physical hazard foreign matter is the main hazard which can be control by the good filtration under hygiene conditions. Chemical hazards include the soap contents, free fatty acids, Peroxide value, anisidine value, rancidity, moisture, bleaching earth etc... As you are not related with the vanaspati production nickel is the hazard too.

Regards,

Dear Friends
I am in the process of implementation of ISO 22000 :2005 in a Rice bran crude oil extractin(solvent extraction,solvent use food grade Hexane)
& oil refinery plant( degumming with 0.25% phosphoric acid ,agitation with water ,bleaching with activated carbon & bleaching earth, dewaxing by
chilled water ,deodoring by heating at 250 deg C with the help of thermic fluid passing through heating coil. it is under vacuum. Free fatty acid .
removed from the vapour. I will be very greatful to person /s who will help me in identifting Biological,chemical Hazard identification & critical control
limit determination. I will provide all informations relating to FLOW PROCESS CHART and other details

with warm Regards
S.Majumdar

Dalways

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 29 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:42 AM

Dear Friends

with warm Regards
S.Majumdar

Hi
the process is simple if you going to handel only one product . There is no such biological hazars associated here as we are talking about oil and fat but your HACCP flow need to identify and support your statement of no biological hazard present ( I am talking about storage and procurment of raw material) . Coming to the chemical hazards there are few which can be demonstrated through lab testing etc. Physical hazards are all the foreign matter and can be checked through fillter check ( Try to put a filter under 750 micron and no issues will be raised by the auditor . Try to keep it simple and identify all the CCP corectly through out the process flow and just design few yes and no questionares for the risk analysis. Try to cover most of the basic food hygiene and operation under a documented prerequsite programme and challenge it through internal audit .
Regards

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users