chrissie 2

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 24 November 2005 - 08:08 PM

Hi

I really need some help. I have just started working for a small company which manufactures pies. We have just had an audit and one of the issues highlighted is the fact that our current HACCP system doesnt follow the Codex principles. I am really struggling. Has anyone got a sample HACCP plan based upon these principles I could see. I have looked through all the forums already but still seem to be no further on. I have also read the guidance notes regarding the codex principles but in what way are the HACCP plans that follow these principles different from others?

I would really really appreciate any help.

Thank you

MartLgn

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 155 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 24 November 2005 - 10:52 PM

Has anyone got a sample HACCP plan based upon these principles I could see

There are a couple of good examples of HACCP studies that follow the Codex principles in the doccuments exchange section of the forum.

I have also read the guidance notes regarding the codex principles but in what way are the HACCP plans that follow these principles different from others?

The principles laid down in Codex are what defines HACCP so To be frank, if your HACCP system does not follow the principles laid down in Codex then it isn't a HACCP system at all, it may be a perfectly valid Hazard Analysis without strictly following The 7 pricinples of HACCP laid down in Codex. However some Food Safety standards or individual customers require a system that follows the Codex principles and can therefore be described as HACCP.

Why put off until tomorrow that which you can avoid doing altogether ?

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,845 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 25 November 2005 - 10:18 AM

Hello Chrissie,

It's difficult to say how your HACCP plan differs from the codex principles without actually seeing it. If you could tell us or better still show us what your HACCP system looks like; then it may be possible for us to provide constructive feedback so that you can align your HACCP plan with the codex principles.

Also who was the audit carried out by a Customer or Cert. Body? Are you certified (or trying to achieve) a standard such as the BRC?

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

petegilmartin

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 15 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 25 November 2005 - 05:02 PM

Chrissie,
Do you have a flow digram listing the CCP's and an analysis sheet with headings such as,
Process Step, Hazards, Control Measures, CP, Critical Limit, Monitoring Procedures, Corrective Action, Record, Responsible.
All of this obtained after Risk Assessments?

Jon5

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 44 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Professional:
    Food safety, food defense, auditing, HACCP.

Personal:
    Hiking, gardening, home improvement, and spending time with loved ones.

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:35 PM

Chrissie:

As MartLgn responded, all HACCP is based on the Codes guidelines, which were originally set out by the NACMCF guidelines prior. So if you have a HACCP program based on the 12 steps (7 principles) of HACCP, you're probably there or almost there. The food safety standards benchmarked by GFSI are all looking for Codex-based HACCP implementation.

Please also note that there are some PRP guidelines that ought to be in place - but again, if you follow a GFSI-accepted certification scheme, you're in good shape.

http://www.codexalim...23/CXP_001e.pdf

Below I'm providing a link to a great summary of the guidelines from the FAO for your review.

http://www.fao.org/d...9e/y1579e03.htm

Hope that helps.
Jon

Hi

I really need some help. I have just started working for a small company which manufactures pies. We have just had an audit and one of the issues highlighted is the fact that our current HACCP system doesnt follow the Codex principles. I am really struggling. Has anyone got a sample HACCP plan based upon these principles I could see. I have looked through all the forums already but still seem to be no further on. I have also read the guidance notes regarding the codex principles but in what way are the HACCP plans that follow these principles different from others?

I would really really appreciate any help.

Thank you

GMO

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,915 posts
  • 733 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 23 October 2010 - 12:07 PM

Have you had any HACCP training? If not, I suggest you get some as it would be far more useful than a reply here. As others have said, Codex defined what HACCP is and defined the principles of HACCP; without these, it ain't HACCP!

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 23 October 2010 - 04:48 PM

Dear All,

Actually, Chrissie's post was in 2005 so, hopefully, she does understand a bit more by now (you never know!).

Nonetheless, it's an interesting discussion. :smile:

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users