Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Germany
    Germany

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:31 AM

Dear colleagues - I'm interested in cost experience of UV light insect traps and insect traps with adhesive foil. Do you have have some experience in general costs, consumables and power consumption?

Thank you very much in advance. In return I offer my feedback in BRC IoP, ISO 9001 and packaging hygiene competence.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,836 posts
  • 1364 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:05 PM

Can anybody in the pest control industry please offer some advice on this one.

Thanks,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Bunny

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 32 posts
  • 13 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Good Food, Wine, Beer and other Spirits and of course Pest Control in the food industry.

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:17 PM

Dear colleagues - I'm interested in cost experience of UV light insect traps and insect traps with adhesive foil. Do you have have some experience in general costs, consumables and power consumption?

Thank you very much in advance. In return I offer my feedback in BRC IoP, ISO 9001 and packaging hygiene competence.

Hello there, my personal experiences are that the glue board type fly traps are marginally more expensive to run on an annual basis as you will have to change the glue boards regularly and depending on the type of glueboard and machine the cost can vary considerably, you would have to investigate the models you want and check the cost of consumables.

However glueboards EFK`s are a much better choice in sensitive areas and high risk food lines because the risk of insect fragments is negligible compared with a Grid killer unit of the same size.

So you take your choice, glueboard for high risk sensitive areas and zapper types where the problems are less sensitive.

There are many maker and models out there, they all pretty much do the same job, your task is to select the type and coverage you require for your business, any decent pest controller will be able to point you in the right direction

BunnyPosted Image

Edited by Bunny, 19 September 2012 - 10:18 PM.

"If you think it is expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
Red Adair, American Oil Well Firefighter.

packaging2008

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Germany
    Germany

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:49 AM

Thank you very much! This helps.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic