I came across recently this microbiology requirement from a drink bottler:
Product: blend of juice concentrates: High acidic <3.5, Brix at least 40
- Total yeast count 30 cfu /ml concentrate
- Total osmophilic yeast count <20cfu /ml concentrate
- Total viable Byssochlamys andPaecilomyces spp of mould absent (Capable of producing pectinolytic enzymes)
- Total viable bacteria absent,
- Can anyone help me on this as it looks unrealistic with TVC=0, Can anyone help me on this strange requirement?
- Your views: where it may have come from?
- Can anyone produce and release product based on this requirements, please?
- Why such unrealistic strict criteria which are not even applicable for pharmaceutical purposes: oral administration (Total viable aerobic count not more than 103 aerobic bacteria per 1g or 1ml)?