• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:56 PM

Hi Everyone

Does anyone have experience of supplying prepacked food to the airline industry with regards to what security measures need to be in place. This is a new contract for my company, and involves us supplying cold snack type food for major airlines flying out of UK airports. We have a number of policies in place already, covering such topics as prohibited items, vehicle inspections, security risk assessments and general threat awareness. The contract has not been awarded yet but is subject to us passing a security audit hence my question.

Any help or advice will be much appreciated.

Regards

Lawrence

majoy

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 243 posts
  • 92 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

Hi Lawrence,

Usually security audit of airlines includes checks, verification and validation of security procedures of the company. You may want to ensure that written procedures are available for security checks of suppliers, visitors and even employees. Security procedure during dispatch of products to be delivered to the aircraft must be detailed as this is vital since it is the likely target for any security threat.

You should also looked into crisis management in case of breach of security.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Hi Everyone

Does anyone have experience of supplying prepacked food to the airline industry with regards to what security measures need to be in place. This is a new contract for my company, and involves us supplying cold snack type food for major airlines flying out of UK airports. We have a number of policies in place already, covering such topics as prohibited items, vehicle inspections, security risk assessments and general threat awareness. The contract has not been awarded yet but is subject to us passing a security audit hence my question.

Any help or advice will be much appreciated.

Regards

Lawrence

"Whatever you do, do it well..." - Walt Disney

Thanked by 1 Member:

Fiddy

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

Hi Lawrence,

Usually security audit of airlines includes checks, verification and validation of security procedures of the company. You may want to ensure that written procedures are available for security checks of suppliers, visitors and even employees. Security procedure during dispatch of products to be delivered to the aircraft must be detailed as this is vital since it is the likely target for any security threat.

You should also looked into crisis management in case of breach of security.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Thanks for the info, its given me a few things to think about.

Best Regards

Lawrence

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users