• Quick Navigation
Photo

How to Integrate Quality Control Plan into Food Safety Manual?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic
- - - - -

carine

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 361 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:30 AM

hi all, i was wondering how do u all integrate quality control into Food Safety Manual, because our customer requested quality plan whereas our company is ISO22000 certified.

Zeeshan

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 499 posts
  • 224 thanks
Excellent

• Pakistan
    Pakistan
  • Interests:QMS, TQM, FSMS, HMS (Halal Management System), IMS (Integrated Management System), Training Programs Management, Performance Management

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:08 AM

hi all, i was wondering how do u all integrate quality control into Food Safety Manual, because our customer requested quality plan whereas our company is ISO22000 certified.

It seems it is not the specified intention of your customer to have your quality plans integrated with your food safety manual. If this is the case, you, IMO, should not integrate them. Make them as separate documents (good to have a separate manual by collecting multiple quality plans for each product, where applicable). Refer that documents / manual in your food safety manual.

Another opinon: Many people around the world exepect quality as a main group and food safety as a sub-group of a food manufacturing concern. Your company should have a quality manual which should interlinked with your food safety manual (No matter your QMS is certified or not). If you do so, this will definitely raise the confidence of your customers in your product and system. If you make a Quality Manual, then, obviously, you referred there all your documents related to quality management system.

Regards:
Muhammad Zeeshan Zaki.

abhagat

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 28 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:42 PM

I agree with Zeeshan's first paragraph. Better to keep quality separate from Food Safety. In my case government officials (focused on food safety) do not want any CQPs in the HACCP plan (focused around Food Safety). Also this response was acceptable to 2nd and 3rd party auditors that we are able to focus better on Quality and Food Safety individually rather than comingling them under one plan and making it difficult for the least technical person on the floor to follow.

Thank you.

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,236 posts
  • 1293 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:25 PM

Hi Carine,

These sort of documents can be integrated into a Laboratory or QA Manual.

Attached is a basic example below to give you an idea:

Attached File  QA Plan - Ice Cream.pdf   267.48KB   226 downloads

Kind regards,

Tony

Edited by Tony-C, 01 April 2013 - 06:27 PM.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users