• IFSQN Associate
  • 22 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:34 AM

Hello Everybody,

Firstly thank you all for sharing very useful information which helped to start and continue my documentation I am on my first BRC documentation for newly set up Spices and Herbs company. I have started my documentation and kinda stuck up at 3.5.4 clause. Since our laboratories are not fully equipped we are sending out grounded sample of raw material to Eurofins Labs for Aflatoxins and other microbiological analysis and apart from that our packaging is done at another site and shipped directly to respective countries from our 25kg PP bags with sterilised final ground spices.

Now my query is that how do I state that in my documentation and is it necessary to have BRC certification for the site where the packaging is done.

Regards, Karthik

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,233 posts
  • 1293 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:16 AM

Hello Everybody,

Firstly thank you all for sharing very useful information which helped to start and continue my documentation I am on my first BRC documentation for newly set up Spices and Herbs company. I have started my documentation and kinda stuck up at 3.5.4 clause. Since our laboratories are not fully equipped we are sending out grounded sample of raw material to Eurofins Labs for Aflatoxins and other microbiological analysis and apart from that our packaging is done at another site and shipped directly to respective countries from our 25kg PP bags with sterilised final ground spices.

Now my query is that how do I state that in my documentation and is it necessary to have BRC certification for the site where the packaging is done.

Hi Karthik,

This is covered in '3.5.4.2 The company shall ensure that subcontractors are approved and monitored by successful completion of either a documented site audit or third party certification...........'

Regards,

Tony

Karthik P

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 22 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:25 PM

Thank you Tony..