Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 45 posts
  • 16 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:59 PM

In the Standard Interpretation Guidelines under clause 4.9.1.1 It states the following 'Chemicals that are likely to come into direct contact with foods when used as intended (for example,
materials such as oils or lubricants used on machinery), as well as terminal sanitisers that are designed to be used without rinsing with water, should be confirmed as suitable for food use. (This would not include gene-E, detergents and cleaning materials, as these should not come into direct contact with food.)'

Can anyone please tell me what is gene-E? I've searched the internet, but have not found the answer. :helpplease:

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,233 posts
  • 1293 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:16 PM

In the Standard Interpretation Guidelines under clause 4.9.1.1 It states the following 'Chemicals that are likely to come into direct contact with foods when used as intended (for example,
materials such as oils or lubricants used on machinery), as well as terminal sanitisers that are designed to be used without rinsing with water, should be confirmed as suitable for food use. (This would not include gene-E, detergents and cleaning materials, as these should not come into direct contact with food.)'

Can anyone please tell me what is gene-E? I've searched the internet, but have not found the answer. :helpplease:

Hi Skye

The Interpretation Guideline (June 2012) I have states 'This would not include general detergents and cleaning materials as these should not come into direct contact with food'

There is no mention of gene-E, which guidelines are you looking at?

Regards,

Tony

Skye

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 45 posts
  • 16 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

Thanks for clearing that up Tony. I have the 2012 Interpretation Guidelines and it says gene-E in my copy, but it must be a typing error. I thought it was come biochemical term I hadn't come across! :giggle:

Regards

Skye

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users