Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,822 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:47 AM

The day was long and stressful, but extremely informative, educational and a triumph.  A few technical hitches with one or two of the presentations, but for a ground breaking internet event such as this it was surprisingly stable.

If you attended yesterday for all or part of the day feel free to comment on any aspect related to the format of the event, the presentations and your ideas and suggestions for changes and improvements.

One of the repeated questions of the day was "will I get the slides...are the webinars being recorded" - the answer is "YES" and they will be available on the IFSQN website in the coming day's.

Thanks for your attendance and involvement, there were lot's of questions posted related to the presentations, which was great for the speakers.

Thanks for making Food Safety Live 2013 a great success!

Regards,

Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Thanked by 1 Member:

mesophile

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 137 posts
  • 141 thanks
Good

• Wales
    Wales
  • Interests:Twitter @DSi77

Chartered Scientist (CSci)
    Member of IFST (MIFST)
    Avid guitar player, dog walker and fitness trainer.
    I love reading, and learning about new fields in food science and technology.

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:40 AM

Hi Simon,

Just a quick message to say thank you for allowing me to be part of the webinar. It was an excellent day and I will be looking forward to what you have install for next year!

Well done to all who were involved.

Kind Regards

Simon

Thanked by 1 Member:

mgourley

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,402 posts
  • 997 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Cooking, golf, firearms, food safety and sanitation.

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:01 AM

Fantastic job Simon and Philip on bringing this together. Challenge to get up at 0400 local (EDT), on a non-work day, but I stuck with it until the end; In all disclosure, there was some time that did not did not apply to me, so I used that time to run errands :) Fantastic line up of high quality presentations.

The presentations were certainly on par with what I have traveled to see. Again, fantastic job. I assume the PPT's will be made available to those that could not attend, or like me..started screen grabbing too late for the first few presentations.

Marshall

Thanked by 1 Member:

Mendeljev

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 53 posts
  • 25 thanks
Neutral

• Belgium
    Belgium

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:23 AM

Great Job Simon ! I could only follow the presentations during my working time, then had to do the daily routine (going home, making diner, etc ...)

But what i saw was incredibly  good ! Thumbs up for the smooth broadcast !

Te only downside for me personally was the time consuming aspect (I regret not being able to see all presentations, but i'm not sure if i could stay focused as it was a lot of (interesting) information in just one day....

Next time i will set myself up in a room with room service :)

Quality is not an act, it is a habit.(Aristoteles 384 BC-322 BC)

Thanked by 1 Member:

Shyguy77

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 120 posts
  • 62 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:48 AM

Fantastic job Simon and Philip on bringing this together. Challenge to get up at 0400 local (EDT), on a non-work day, but I stuck with it until the end; In all disclosure, there was some time that did not did not apply to me, so I used that time to run errands :) Fantastic line up of high quality presentations.

The presentations were certainly on par with what I have traveled to see. Again, fantastic job. I assume the PPT's will be made available to those that could not attend, or like me..started screen grabbing too late for the first few presentations.

Marshall

I agree, getting up at 3:00 am EST for the 4:00 am start was a challange, but was well worth it. Each presentation was extremly informative and well put together. Thank you and all the speakers, cant wait for Food Safety Live 2014.

Philip @ Safefood 360°

Philip @ Safefood 360

• Corporate Sponsor
  • 105 posts
  • 35 thanks
Good

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:57 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I must say that I was pleasantly surprised to see Marshall and Jeremy in the attendee list from the offset and throughout the entire event. Now that’s devotion  :smile:

I assume the PPT's will be made available to those that could not attend, or like me..started screen grabbing too late for the first few presentations.

Marshall

We can do better than PPT's. 14 hours of video will be available to you tomorrow.

David Pham

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 36 posts
  • 11 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:57 AM

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I must say that I was pleasantly surprised to see Marshall and Jeremy in the attendee list from the offset and throughout the entire event. Now that’s devotion  :smile:

We can do better than PPT's. 14 hours of video will be available to you tomorrow.

Have the videos been loaded yet? There were a few that I would be interested in viewing again.

Philip @ Safefood 360°

Philip @ Safefood 360

• Corporate Sponsor
  • 105 posts
  • 35 thanks
Good

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:00 PM

Hi David,

Yes they are here

You should have received an email over the weekend with the links. Did you not?

David Pham

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 36 posts
  • 11 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:18 PM

No I didn't but I'll have to check my spam folder. Thanks for the link though.

Silvana Chaves

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Brazil
    Brazil

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:14 PM

Congratulation for all involved in this great event! 

Share information and Knowledge is a Key to improve the Food Safety Supply Chain. To create a Food Safety culture in all FS chain is a big challenge for everybody involved. Thinking globally to act locally is very important for each professional at world. We can save lifes...

I will participate in 2014 again, once the event was very usefull to update and to know more resources to learn.
Silvana Chaves

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,822 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:46 AM

Congratulation for all involved in this great event! 

Share information and Knowledge is a Key to improve the Food Safety Supply Chain. To create a Food Safety culture in all FS chain is a big challenge for everybody involved. Thinking globally to act locally is very important for each professional at world. We can save lifes...

I will participate in 2014 again, once the event was very usefull to update and to know more resources to learn.
Silvana Chaves

Dear Silvana, thank you very much for your kind comments.  Indeed it was a very successful event and with a few lessons learned to feed into the improvement cycle I'm sure next year's event will be even bigger and better.  

Regards,

Simon

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.

Bonte QA

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 6 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:03 AM

The event was well executed and very informative.  I was present for many of the speakers and got a lot of great information out of it.  I look forward to next years event.

Thanks for posting the videos so quickly!

Melissa

Thanked by 1 Member:

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,822 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:06 AM

The event was well executed and very informative.  I was present for many of the speakers and got a lot of great information out of it.  I look forward to next years event.
Thanks for posting the videos so quickly!
Melissa

Thanks for the feedback Melissa.

Regards,
Simon

Mahmood Reza

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 10 posts
  • 8 thanks
Neutral

• Iran
    Iran

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:05 PM

Dear Simon

I tried several times to connect with you and others in this great event but because low speed internet in my country , I didn't able to participate.

I am so sorry about this matter and I hope in future seminars, I will have chance to participate .
Thanks a lot for your activities.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,822 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:12 PM

That's a shame Mahmood, at least you have access to the recordings.

If you need any help let me know.

Regards,

Simon

badolan

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 20 posts
  • 11 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:12 PM

Sorry this is late, but I want to thank you all for the information. The 2013 Food Safety Webinar was great! I tried to stay at my desk the whole time, but I have to be out in the production areas and did miss some of the information so I'm glad we have access to the recordings. Is there also a link to the ppts? I would like to use some of them in my training material?

Bert-QA Manager :clap:

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,822 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:05 PM

Sorry this is late, but I want to thank you all for the information. The 2013 Food Safety Webinar was great! I tried to stay at my desk the whole time, but I have to be out in the production areas and did miss some of the information so I'm glad we have access to the recordings. Is there also a link to the ppts? I would like to use some of them in my training material?

Bert-QA Manager :clap:

Hi Bert, nice to hear from you.  Thank you for the feedback on FSL, great that you managed to catch some off it.  The recorded webinars are all on the site in the media library (see top navigation) and some of the presentations are available in the Food Safety Live forum in PDF format, I will be chasing the rest of them up later this week.

Kind Regards,

Simon

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users