Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 135 posts
  • 19 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:33 PM

Understanding Food Safety Management Systems: A Practical Approach to the Application of ISO-22000:2005 My new book is now available on Amazon and is a good resource for any organization pursuing certification to ISO 22000 or FSSC 22000. I encourage you to share this with anyone in your organization who is looking to better understand FSMS requirements.

http://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Food-Safety-Management-Systems/dp/1481065106/ref=sr_1_24?ie=UTF8&qid=1376418592&sr=8-24&keywords=iso-22000

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:26 AM

Understanding Food Safety Management Systems: A Practical Approach to the Application of ISO-22000:2005 My new book is now available on Amazon and is a good resource for any organization pursuing certification to ISO 22000 or FSSC 22000. I encourage you to share this with anyone in your organization who is looking to better understand FSMS requirements.

http://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Food-Safety-Management-Systems/dp/1481065106/ref=sr_1_24?ie=UTF8&qid=1376418592&sr=8-24&keywords=iso-22000

Dear Erasmo,

Well Done !

Congratulations on creating a book on ISO 22000. I hope there will be no revision of the Standard  in the near-future :smile: .

I also hope that the extension to  FSSC 22000 is well covered. Or perhaps for the next GFSI edition ? :smile:

You appear (for ISO 22000) to have some direct competition with a recent official release of about the same length ?.

IMHO, any included practical / readily understandable (ie HACCP-compatible) response to the OPRP fiasco in the English  language might generate a few sales.

Rgds / Charles.C

PS - I trust there is a mention of available commercial packages somewhere in the text , eg

Did you know IFSQN offer great value BRC, FSSC 22000, IFS, ISO 22000 & SQF Food Safety Management System Implementation Packages - The quickest and easiest way to Food Safety Certification

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Erasmo

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 135 posts
  • 19 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:27 PM

Hi Charles,

The book has some references of FSSC-22000 but I decided to avoid the explanation of the ISO/TS-22002-1 requirements. Most of them are so simple and direct and I decided to focus on the requirements of ISO-22000. I’m my experience as third party assessor; some of those requirements are not always easy to understand. The book has a lot of diagrams, a big focus on terminology, examples, one proposed form for validations and a new decision tree.

About OPRPs: There is a section in the book about the classification of control measures and also things to consider during OPRP implementation (validation, planned corrections, etc). I’m sure it will be really useful.

I know about the new ISO publication and I noticed the price and the number of pages… I’m planning to buy the ISO book this month.

You can pre-view the book on Amazon.

Saludos!

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users