Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 22 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:38 PM

Anyone willing to share some samples of their glass / brittle plastics format?

Thanks!!

Stevick

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:25 PM

I made this last week.  It is a rough copy and not finished, but you get the idea.

Item Description Class Location Count Condition If Damaged, Expected Repair Date Assigned to: Signature Display Board (cover) Glass Lunch Area 1 Good       Refrigerator (door) Glass Lunch Area 1 Good       Hand Sanitizer Dispenser Plastic Lunch Area 1 Good           Passing Aisle 1 Good           Sterile Production Area 7 Good           Men's Restroom 2 Good           Women's Restroom 2 Good       Paper Towel Dispenser Plastic Lunch Area 2 Good           Passing Aisle 1 Good           Sterile Production Area 1 Good           Men's Restroom 2 Good           Women's Restroom 2 Good       Toilet Paper Dispenser Plastic Men's Restroom 2 Good           Women's Restroom 2 Good       Measuring Cups Plastic Lunch Area 2 1 Good, 1 Chipped       Teal-Colored Coffee Mug Ceramic Lunch Area 1 Chipped       Square Pan Lid Glass Lunch Area 4 Good       150 mL Beakers Glass Lunch Area 12 Good       1 qt Measuring Cup Glass Lunch Area 1 Good       Trash Can Plastic Lunch Area 2 Good           Locker Room 1 Good           Passing Aisle 1 Good           Mixing Area 1 Good           Extruder Area 1 Good           Sterile Production Area 7 Good       Used Gloves Bucket Plastic Locker Room 1 Good       Weighing Tub Plastic Mixing Area 2 Good       Partial Material Container Plastic Mixing Area 8 Good           Sterile Production Area 1 Lid is chipped       Sanitizer Sprayer Plastic Mixing Area 1 Good           Extruder Area 1 Good           Sterile Production Area 3 Good       Bucket Plastic Extruder Area 3 Good       Dustpan Plastic Extruder Area 1 Good       Door Window Plexi-Glass Extruder Area 1 Good       Green Sanitizer Buckers Plastic Extruder Area 3 Good       Temperature Control Cover Plastic Extruder Area 1 Good       Food Processor Plastic Extruder Area 1 Good       UV Lamp Glass Mixing Area 1 Good           Sterile Production Area 1 Good           Packaging Area 1 Good       Time Clock Plastic Passing Aisle 1 Good       Clock Plastic Passing Aisle 1 Good           Sterile Production Area 1 Good       5 Gallon Buckets Plastic Sterile Production Area 7 Good       Bucket Lids Plastic Sterile Production Area 11 Good       Cleaning Sanitizer Buckets Plastic Sterile Production Area 5 Good       8 Cup Measuring Cups Plastic Sterile Production Area 5 Good       Windows Glass Passing Aisle/Production Office 2 Good           Office 2 Good       Door (with Window) Glass Office 1 Good       Candy Bowl Glass Office 1 Good       Light with Hood Glass and Plastic Mixing and Extruder Area 11 Good           Loading and Unloading Area 17 Good           Production Office 3 Good           Freezer 12 Good           Sterile Production Area 28 Good           Office Area 17 Good           Lunch Area 4 Good       Emergency Exit Signs Plastic Extruder Area 1 Good           Loading and Unloading Area 1 Good           Freezer 2 Good       Tape Guns Plastic Loading and Unloading Area 1 Good           Packaging Area 2 Good           Sterile Production Area 1 Good      

Stevick

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:27 PM

That was supposed to be in an Excel spreadsheet.  Message me with your email address if you would like me to send you the actual copy of it.  My message above didn't turn out too well.

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:31 PM

Don't forget, you need to have a resister as well as a risk assessed audit check list

I find photographs are brilliant for the register

Caz x

Jus'me

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 54 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:11 PM

That is an excellent idea Caz X!!!!

Below is a copy of our SOP, of course we also have maps and a register, but this will at least help give you an idea.

GUIDELINES:

1.      Glass is not allowed in the production area (with the exception of product components and eyeglasses, which must remain on the employees person).

2.      Glass utensils must be avoided, even when sampling incoming material.

3.      For suspected glass contamination of product, a disposition other than destruction requires that the Supervisor  in charge be notified and approve of the disposition.

4.      A Glass and Brittle Plastic Register with corresponding map will be maintained of all glass/brittle plastic in the production and warehousing areas.

PROCEDURE FOR CLEANING BRITTLE MATERIAL:

1.       Department Head or Supervisor is notified of broken component.  Supervisor seals off the area of broken pieces and gets people away from the breakage.  Supervisor also inquires if anyone is hurt. If they are, a manager is called over along with the on-site staff and the appropriate steps are taken.  If the breakage is in an area that requires the line to stop, the line is shut off. 

2.       Immediate action- In the event of a glass/plastic breakage being discovered, stop production within the immediate area of the incident. None of the product (packed or exposed) or packaging within the affected area must be moved.

3.       Subsequent action- Cordon off the affected area and organize a very thorough search of the area at all possible levels where fragments may have lodged. If fragments are discovered close to the perimeter of the affected area, the search should be extended.  When the extent of the spread of fragments is determined, the cordon can be repositioned and normal working practices resumed outside the cordoned area if it is considered safe to do so. Any product or packaging that might possibly have been contaminated must be removed and quarantined prior to a very thorough inspection or disposal, as appropriate. Nothing must be released for use/shipping if freedom from contamination cannot be guaranteed. When damage to a glass/plastic item is not discovered until sometime after the breakage occurred, all product that has passed through the affected area since the previous recorded glass audit must be considered at risk. If the Area Supervisor believes that contaminated product may have been shipped to the customer then the Chief of Staff  must be notified and an investigation will be conducted to determine if a product recall is required.

4.       Supervisor, or his designee, puts on protective gear (gloves, safety glasses).

5.       All broken pieces are swept up using a whisk broom.

6.       When all fragments appear to have been collected and bagged the incident Area Supervisor will carry out a final thorough inspection.  If no fragments are found the bags must be sealed and immediately placed in the external trash dumpster. The dustpan, brush, vacuum nozzles, etc must be placed in a spare bag and sealed before they are removed from the production area for inspection and cleaning (by rinsing with the hose over the outside drain). It is recommended that personnel involved in the cleanup operation inspect and clean their footwear before re-entering any production areas.

7.       Final action- On completion of all actions this document must be taken to the Quality Department. The ‘glass breakage kit’ must be restocked - see Quality  Department. Fill out the form at bottom of page.

GLASS/BRITTLE PLASTIC INSPECTION:

Employees conducting the self-inspections should be detailed concerning glass and hard plastics. If any breakage or cracking is observed the deficiency shall be noted on the Internal Audit Checklist and any/all corrective actions taken shall also be recorded on the inspection report.

1.      Light fixtures and other known items containing glass protected, shielded, tempered or safety glass/plastic shall be inspected each quarter.

2.      Any equipment containing glass or brittle plastic shall be inspected for damage each shift.  This inspection shall be recorded on the Daily Inspection Checklist.

3.      A formal glass inspection shall be conducted on an annual basis. This inspection shall be documented and maintained on file. (May be conducted in conjunction with the monthly Internal Audit).

DATE OF INCIDENT

TIME OF INCIDENT

INCIDENT MANAGER

SIGNATURE

LOCATION OF INCIDENT:

DESCRIPTION OF INCIDENT: (INCLUDE FINISHED GOODS OR RAW MATERIALS WITHIN THE AFFECTED AREA)

DESCRIPTION OF ACTION TAKEN:

History of Changes:

Revised:                                Replaces:                              Nature of Change                                                Approved/Verified by:      

09/15/2012

06/2011

·         New SOP Format

·         Added Guidelines

·         Added Glass Brittle Inspections

·         Added History of Changes

·         Added CA form

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,836 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:44 PM

That was supposed to be in an Excel spreadsheet.  Message me with your email address if you would like me to send you the actual copy of it.  My message above didn't turn out too well.

Stevick rather than pasting the spreadsheet contents you need to attach the excel file.  Click "more reply options" bottom right and then you will see how you can attach a document to a post.

Regards,

Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Thanked by 1 Member:

MFSC

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 42 posts
  • 18 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:16 PM

attached is a very basic template for documenting hard plastic and glass.[attachment=4517:Glass-Hard Plastic Registry

Attached Files

Thanked by 1 Member:

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,836 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:56 PM

I added one example to the files library.

Regards,

Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users