I feel very happy about finding this site, so much knowledge....
My plan is to make a vegan version of rice pudding that is solid and can be sliced. I am aware that cooked rice should be chilled, stored in an airtight container and used within 3 days. Concerning this I wonder about the following:
1) - is the rice less likely to go off if it is cooked with sugar?
2) - does it matter what kind of sugar it is?
3) - does adding lemon juice help shelf-life?
4) - is the dish going to expire earlier if milk and dairy are added? in other words, would the vegan version be safer for consumption after a few days?
5) - is it true the a sugar only helps self-life if the dish contains a big amount? in other words if it is really sweet?
6) - is there a difference between the shelf-life of cooked glutenous rice and sushi rice?
7) - would the shelf life of my dish be much longer if I swapped rice to buckwheat?
I very much appreciate any help, suggestion I get.
all the best, Krisztian