Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 28 June 2023 - 06:53 PM

Hello, I am having a hard time finding good articles to add to my haccp validation section regarding the scientific evidence for CCPs. I was wondering if anybody knew of any that they could share. Thank you so much, in advance. :)

matthewcc

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 152 posts
  • 19 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 05 July 2023 - 04:32 PM

It would depend on the process and CCP, with the goal of showing scientific evidence that the process can achieve effective results that controls the hazard.  The validation depends on the process, procedures, monitoring, parameters, verification, etc.  For example, if you want to validate a cooking process CCP, then you might look for scientific articles that demonstrate and describe how the cooking process length of time and temperature will ensure sufficient cooking in terms of quality and reduction of microorganisms of public health significance.

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,514 posts
  • 1515 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 05 July 2023 - 05:35 PM

hmmmmmm so i didn't have much luck either--------perhaps you could find studies re: the destruction of the microbes of concern and build those into your validation

https://www.fda.gov/.../99581/download           this shows the area of concern by product type

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users