Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 13 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:06 PM

Hello again, a while since I last posted and finally the resistance to GFSI is broken by our nice customers. We are a packaging plant with current AIB Certification and must transition to SQF as soon as we can.  I believe level 3 is the goal.  Has any member on the site transitioned from AIB to SQF and does AIB certification lead directly to SQF level 2 or level 3? Does anyone have usable project plan for such a move?

Sylvester

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:11 PM

I don't Sylvester but I can make a suggestion.

You can look at the implementation guide on sqfi.com and create a gap analysis (I'm sure someone has a spreadsheet if I can't find one) from what you have to what you need for SQF level 3.  

The implementation guide tells you what you need to do to meet every section so if you read it and you already do that then you're probably good on that part and you can move on to other things you don't meet.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:16 PM

In fact look at the links on this thread:

http://www.ifsqn.com...ysis-checklist/

There are really good posts on here for what you need.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,632 posts
  • 1135 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:28 AM

AIB is a 3rd party audit. There is no direct transition from AIB or for that matter any other 3rd party audit to SQF. However with that said a number of the requirements on the standard 3rd party audit such as food defense, recall plans, business continuity, non-conforming, etc. etc will certainly be blended into your SQF program.  First step is to do your own (or have a consultant do it) analysis of documentation/facility against SQF Code Level II or Level III requirements. You can download a gap form for $25.00 from the www.sqfi.com website and find all sorts of documents on the site for free to guide you.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

jenmarshall

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 January 2015 - 08:28 PM

If you are compliant with the AIB Consolidated Standards for Food Packaging you have a good start.  The key factor to consider is how established your HACCP program is.  If you have been using HACCP methodology for a few years and are familiar with the process and have strong pre-requisite programs, then the transition to SQF Level 2 is straightfoward.  My company made this transition in 2013.  SQF Level 3 layers on HACCP methodology within the context of the qualiy of your product.  Developing this program takes considerable effort depending on the complexity of your business, but is not insurmountable for a plant that has strong HACCP background. 

The conservative approach would be to go to Level 2, succeed in certification, then develop into Level 3.  But if you've got the resources or if your customers are demanding it, go for it. 
Good luck! 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users