Being this is over 30 days past your desk audit, you may already have had your facility audit, but in case you haven't I hope this helps. Here is the job description I created for the QA Manager/SQF Practitioner at my facility. You want to have similar explanations for all management at your facility with responsibility for food safety. We recently passed our initial SQF Level 2 desk and facility audits. The auditor was complimentary about our job descriptions.
Sorry but i don't see any description ??
My apologies... Please see below.
Food Safety Responsibilities Job Description
Nominated Back up Personnel
Quality Assurance Manager/SQF Practitioner
Has the overall responsibility and accountability for establishing, implementing and maintaining the Food Safety Management System. Has the overall responsibility for auditing procedures for compliance. Has the responsibility and authority for the final disposition of products on hold.
Summary of Food Safety Responsibilities
- Has the overall responsibility for the implementation and oversight of the SQF System at this site.
- Creates, develops, implements, validates and verifies the SQF System.
- Monitors and validates the effectiveness of the Food Safety Management System.
- Continually updates the FSMS where necessary and appropriate.
- Promotes food safety and quality awareness throughout the organization.
- An “Out Of Office” reply for emails must be set with the nominated backup’s personal contact details, when absent for more than 2 days.
** In the occasion(s) when key personnel responsible for designated role(s) is absent, an appropriately trained backup has been assigned to cover their nominated duties to ensure the integrity of the SQF System.**
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee assigned to this classification. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other food safety related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing safety needs of the organization.
Employee Signature Date
Nominated Backup Date
Verifier’s Signature Date