• 133 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Mauritius
    Mauritius
  • Interests:Music, reading, surfing, cinema, beach, exercises

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:08 AM

Hello,

The production factory is planning to produce medicated poultry feeds for the first time. We are certified ISO 22000:2005. Any idea how to proceed to a hazards analysis.

Regards,

Shakti

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,257 posts
  • 1302 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:12 AM

Hello,

The production factory is planning to produce medicated poultry feeds for the first time. We are certified ISO 22000:2005. Any idea how to proceed to a hazards analysis.

Regards,

Shakti

Hi Shakti,

What is your current scope of certification?

Regards,

Tony

Rudra

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 133 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Mauritius
    Mauritius
  • Interests:Music, reading, surfing, cinema, beach, exercises

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:36 AM

Hi Tony,

Our certification ISO 22000:2005 doesnot include any medicated feeds. The latter covers only non medicated dry animal feeds. To certify a medicated feed, i need to present a hazards analysis + control plan .

A+

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,257 posts
  • 1302 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:21 PM

Hi Tony,

Our certification ISO 22000:2005 doesnot include any medicated feeds. The latter covers only non medicated dry animal feeds. To certify a medicated feed, i need to present a hazards analysis + control plan .

A+

Hi Rudra,

If you don't have relevant local legislation/regulations then maybe the FDA may be of use:

http://www.fda.gov/A...y/ucm052665.htm

Key Areas:

Raw Materials Controls

Analytical Controls

Batch Mixing
Stability

http://www.fda.gov/F...s/ucm164473.htm

Regards,

Tony

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:28 AM

Any idea how to proceed to a hazards analysis.

Dear Rudra,

Well, in the general (haccp) sense, you presumably first have to define the hazards, Just like non-medicated poultry feeds, ie based on the inputs, process, user, legislation,etc (presumably the "user" is multiplied)

And so on I guess ?

(I know you are familiar with a standard haccp workflow path. :smile: )

If yr local situation is similar to USA, then Tony's nice links illustrate the considerable amount of initial preparation which is (hazard) obligatory from legal aspects.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Wer3005

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 17 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Poland
    Poland

Posted 21 June 2014 - 10:40 AM

Hi 

I think you should consider cross contamination refer to usage for difference species and active substance usage: legal limits in non-medicated feeds (denpend on which conutry you are). Cleaning methid should be validated to be sure there is not flusing. 

Hazard of storage of medicated premixes: active substance characteristic - also heat treatment paramteres (extrusion, pelletin ect).

There is a lot of thing you should consider but everything depens on your process flow chart.

markoivkovic

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Serbia
    Serbia

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:48 PM

Wer3005 is right.

He pointed out that you need to think about cross contamination or carry over if you are going to produce non medicated feed on the same production line.

Also you must not mix several different medicaments in one feed. That is forbidden in most countries. This is again carry over.

He also pointed out storage of these potentially dangerous substances.

Another thing is that you are probably going to use coccidiostats/histomonostats since you are going to produce feed for poultry. In most legislatures these are not considered medicaments. Producing feed with antibiotics is forbidden in most legislations, but coccidiostats are not considered antibiotics.

Of course, you have to make sure that the feed is homogenous. Some legislations define what the homogeneity has to be, some do not. In the EU it is not stated in any law, but CV<5% is recommended in complete feed.

Why don’t you just hire a consultant to do your HACCP and you’ll be on your way?

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users