• IFSQN Associate
  • 26 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 16 November 2014 - 10:54 AM

Hi.

I am writing a procedure for GMP site inspections and the ratings that I have been told to use are Full compliance, Partial compliance & Non-Conformance.

Would anyone have some definitions I could use for the procedure, that would also help with consistency between the audit team when completing the inspections?

Thanks

rvazquez

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 17 November 2014 - 12:16 PM

HI,

When we are looking for GMP's non-conformance during an audit I always tell my team to have in mind that we are looking for anything that can be a treat to food safety.  If you see that it could become a food safety tread it will be a minor (partial compliance) and if you see that is a food treat it will be a non- conformance.

Hope it helps

Mark H

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 18 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:47 PM

rellie,

Try this for simplicity. It has worked for me in past GMP/GDP audits and passed muster in our 1st SQF certification audit.

Full Compliance = Good on.

Partial Compliance = Deficiency may cause a food adulteration issue.

Non Comformance = Deficiency will cause a food adulteration issue.

Not having complete thermometer calibration logs is a Partial.

Having birds flying overhead in the buiiding means you better update your resume. Serious point deduction in GMP, automatic fail in SQF audit

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 17 November 2014 - 07:11 PM

Hi.

I am writing a procedure for GMP site inspections and the ratings that I have been told to use are Full compliance, Partial compliance & Non-Conformance.

Would anyone have some definitions I could use for the procedure, that would also help with consistency between the audit team when completing the inspections?

Thanks

Dear rellie,

Told by Whom ? With respect to what auditable Standard ?

I anticipate these terminologies will have an Australian/Standard Interpretation. If otherwise they are totally arbitrary. You might as well consult a kookaburra.

Rgds / Charles.C

PS - I can remember seeing these ratings used for at least one specific standard AIB?, NSF ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

RG3

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 501 posts
  • 169 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them" Albert Einstein

Posted 17 November 2014 - 08:03 PM

Partial compliance is something you can most likely handle on a one to one basis and not involve management because you don't see it as a routine, more like an isolated issue, and is not a food safety issue. If it's a blatant disregard for the code it would be a non-conformance and/or a direct food safety issue. 

Full compliance: Wearing the hairnet correctly over the ears covering all head hair.

Partial compliance: Wearing the hairnet like a beret exposing hair.

Non-Conformance: Not wearing a hairnet at all.

Full compliance: Floor is dry.

Partial compliance: Floor is wet with possible standing water.

Non-Conformance: Production is using high pressure water hoses to clean the floor while production is working.

HACCP Mentor

HACCP Mentor

• IFSQN Member
  • 132 posts
  • 42 thanks
Good

• Australia
    Australia
  • Interests:Helping and mentoring others to achieve their food safety and HACCP compliance outcomes.

BRC Consultant

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:31 PM

I try an stay away from 'partial' compliance as it really ends up being subjective between auditors. It is either pass or fail, compliance or non-compliance, yes or no, acceptable or not acceptable.  You can then better define the expectation for each of the elements that you are auditing.  I also have found that as an auditor, when the word 'partial' is used, limited action is taken to rectify the issue identified. 

Click here to get The Ultimate Guide to HACCP Certification

Read our article on How to be a Successful HACCP Team Leader

Update your HACCP knowledge with our accredited Codex HACCP 2020 Update Online Training

HACCP Mentor is a global food safety compliance and education platform that makes food safety, quality and HACCP compliance easy.

Find us at www.haccpmentor.com

CMHeywood

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 457 posts
  • 119 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 20 November 2014 - 06:56 PM

You need to review the requirements of the standard you are using to determine compliance.

My opinion:  Full compliance - you meet all the requirements in all locations where the requirement applies (all hazards are controlled everywhere)  Partial compliance - you are missing some compliance to requirements or you don't have consistent compliance in all locations or areas (some hazards are not well controlled).  Noncompliance - you have no or very little compliance indicating you no real control over the hazards.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users