Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 31 December 2014 - 04:59 PM

I think we need to start the New Year with a new blog.  Title: Magenta's Rants.  I personally love her rants, she says so much better than I ever could how I too often feel. 

Magenta: no more deleting those wonderful rants--share them and make the world a better place.   :rock:

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

RG3

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 501 posts
  • 169 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them" Albert Einstein

Posted 31 December 2014 - 07:03 PM

2nd the motion

fgjuadi

Grade - PIFSQN

• Banned
  • 898 posts
  • 203 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 02 January 2015 - 03:31 PM

That sounds like it would really cut into my sittin around time...and our family/workplace  friendly site sponsors might have something a bit different to say to that   :hypocrite: 

.--. .- -. - ... / --- .--. - .. --- -. .- .-..

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 02 January 2015 - 04:40 PM

Doesn't have to cut into your goof time....just publish one of your rants that you usually delete.  I remember Simon enjoying one of your rants that you removed before the rest of us saw it. 

That being said, I can understand the pressure, and you may not have the desire, but we would be the richer for it.  :rock:

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,620 posts
  • 373 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading: historical fiction, fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 02 January 2015 - 05:46 PM

Mini Rant

Friends, Coworkers, Fellow Human Beings:
If you are the person who takes the last of a roll of toilet paper, you must say something to someone! Do not leave an empty roll to remain on the spool..

The rest room in question is just off the break room, which has someone in it almost all the time. You may not know where the refills are, but someone in that breakroom does.  Many are skilled in the ways of HOW to exchange an empty roll for a full one. 

You must, as part of the social contract, say something. Do NOT leave some poor schmuck (ME) to find this by accident.  It isn't kind, thoughtful, or the way I wanted to start the new year. Or END the old year, or have a random Tuesday in June!!!

To quote an old TV show, I now hate you with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns! I wish for....EXACTLY the same thing to occur to you, BUT at a terrible time.  Thankyouverymuch!

EDITED to add: Posted to encourage MM to write one of her own. 

Edited by Setanta, 02 January 2015 - 06:06 PM.

-Setanta         

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:25 PM

Ah Shakespeare is still relevant. 

We have the big rolls of toilet paper so that is not my issue.  My issue is the people who have come up from Mexico where you can't flush toilet paper.  No matter how many times we tell them flush it--they don't.  Meaning the bathrooms get rather odoriferous requiring more janitor time to empty the trashes and  it is just gross.  FLUSH THE PAPER PEOPLE!!! 

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

fgjuadi

Grade - PIFSQN

• Banned
  • 898 posts
  • 203 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 02 January 2015 - 10:03 PM

I actually had cause to write a Friday end of day rant, but could not for the life of me figure out how to make a new blog post.   Now I have the Friday nightmare commute home to stew ...

Help say s"Creating and Managing Your Blog

Creating a Blog
You may be able to create your own blog within the community. To do so, visit the "Blogs" tab in your settings panel. Under "Your Blog Settings" you will see your current blog if you have one. If you can create a blog, you will also see a section titled "Create a Blog" - you must read and accept the terms by checking the box, and pressing Next >."

But my blogs tab doesn't have a "Create a Blog" Section

Edited by magenta_majors, 02 January 2015 - 10:12 PM.

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 03 January 2015 - 01:32 AM

I actually had cause to write a Friday end of day rant, but could not for the life of me figure out how to make a new blog post.   Now I have the Friday nightmare commute home to stew ...

Help say s"Creating and Managing Your Blog

Creating a Blog
You may be able to create your own blog within the community. To do so, visit the "Blogs" tab in your settings panel. Under "Your Blog Settings" you will see your current blog if you have one. If you can create a blog, you will also see a section titled "Create a Blog" - you must read and accept the terms by checking the box, and pressing Next >."

But my blogs tab doesn't have a "Create a Blog" Section

That sounds like my luck.  :roflmao:

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 03 January 2015 - 01:35 AM

If you go to the Blogs tab, there is a "Create a Blog" button to the right.   I clicked it and went to step 2 and it seemed to work but, I did not go any further as I did not want to actually create a blog. 

Have a good weekend. 

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,841 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 05 January 2015 - 09:03 AM

Any member is welcome to start a blog (personal or business).

That said only blogs related to the business of food safety and quality (if decent standard) will be promoted on the home page and in newsletters etc.

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:24 AM

Ohh yes, I love Magenta's rants. They make mine look sooooo tame in comparison! :giggle:

fgjuadi

Grade - PIFSQN

• Banned
  • 898 posts
  • 203 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:41 AM

Any member is welcome to start a blog (personal or business).

That said only blogs related to the business of food safety and quality (if decent standard) will be promoted on the home page and in newsletters etc.

Any member...with a create blog button.  I screen shot-ed my blog page and then went to whine to Simon, and I got an error message saying "Simon can not receive messages"  I think there's a conspiracy theory underfoot. 

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?  Is it under the main bar?  At the bottom?  I tried to post a screen shot here too, but the file extension is not allowed on this community. 

it_rains_inside

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 341 posts
  • 99 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 05 January 2015 - 02:52 PM

2nd the motion

I'll 3rd the motion - if such a thing existed. Or was necessary. 

MM = Perfect combination of snarky sarcasm and undeniable truths, spoken in the words we need to hear (albeit sometimes borderline profane) , yet still delightful.  

"Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be"

-Wayne W. Dyer

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 05 January 2015 - 06:58 PM

I'll 3rd the motion - if such a thing existed. Or was necessary. 

MM = Perfect combination of snarky sarcasm and undeniable truths, spoken in the words we need to hear (albeit sometimes borderline profane) , yet still delightful.  

Well said. 

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 05 January 2015 - 07:02 PM

Any member...with a create blog button.  I screen shot-ed my blog page and then went to whine to Simon, and I got an error message saying "Simon can not receive messages"  I think there's a conspiracy theory underfoot. 

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?  Is it under the main bar?  At the bottom?  I tried to post a screen shot here too, but the file extension is not allowed on this community. 

I tried to take a screen shot of my page to see if we were talking about the same page.......it would not allow my picture either. 

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,841 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 05 January 2015 - 07:48 PM

I fixed the PM problem, my inbox was full, but now I cleared some space.

I will check on the blog permissions and revert back.

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

MWidra

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 778 posts
  • 314 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:My Dogs (Beagles),Gardening, SciFi, Video Games (WoW, D3, HoS, PvZ), Classical Music, Legal Stuff, Science Stuff. I'm a Geeky Nerd.

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:49 PM

Well, I'd post a screenshot of the blog page with the create a blog button, but the screenshotted image which I pasted into a powerpoint then saved as a jpeg will not paste here.  It will paste all over the known universe, but not here.  So I've attached it and you can look at it as an attachment.  Maybe.

Is this worthy of a rant?  I have the worst time posting pictures.

Some of it is probably a security setting on my WORK computer.  Maybe I should go home early and post from there.

Martha

Know this is late, but maybe it will help.

Attached Files

Edited by MWidra, 12 January 2015 - 10:53 PM.

"...everything can be taken from a man but one thing:  the last of the human freedoms--to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way."  Viktor E. Frankl

"Life's like a movie, write your own ending."  The Muppets

fgjuadi

Grade - PIFSQN

• Banned
  • 898 posts
  • 203 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:55 AM

Well, I'd post a screenshot of the blog page with the create a blog button, but the screenshotted image which I pasted into a powerpoint then saved as a jpeg will not paste here.  It will paste all over the known universe, but not here.  So I've attached it and you can look at it as an attachment.  Maybe.

Is this worthy of a rant?  I have the worst time posting pictures.

Some of it is probably a security setting on my WORK computer.  Maybe I should go home early and post from there.

Martha

Know this is late, but maybe it will help.

This is awesome, thank you.  Simon fixed something with permissions last week, and I started to draft a post called "5 things I am not willing to go to jail for in 2015" (Apparently blog posts are supposed to have numbers in them), then I totally got lost in busy stuff.  But I'd love to see a rant from others as well.  You seem like an extra nice, level headed person, and I'm interested.

Edited by magenta_majors, 13 January 2015 - 03:08 AM.

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 13 January 2015 - 07:15 AM

I might do a blog with "5 things I am willing to go to jail for!"

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 13 January 2015 - 12:20 PM

Remember:  You're not paranoid if they really are out to get you!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 January 2015 - 08:48 PM

So maybe what we need is a Blog called "The Rant" which anyone can start a topic.  Takes pressure of MM, but will give her and anyone else a place to "voice" important or at least frustrating issues. 

Just a thought. 

Edited by Snookie, 16 January 2015 - 09:31 PM.

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

MWidra

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 778 posts
  • 314 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:My Dogs (Beagles),Gardening, SciFi, Video Games (WoW, D3, HoS, PvZ), Classical Music, Legal Stuff, Science Stuff. I'm a Geeky Nerd.

Posted 16 January 2015 - 08:55 PM

So maybe what we need is a Blog called "The Rant" which anyone can start a topic.  Takes pressure of MM, but will let her and anyone else a place to "voice" important or at least frustrating issues. 

Just a thought. 

I'd vote for that... (non-drinker, here, so I can't say I'll drink to that).

I would post in it.

Martha

"...everything can be taken from a man but one thing:  the last of the human freedoms--to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way."  Viktor E. Frankl

"Life's like a movie, write your own ending."  The Muppets

fgjuadi

Grade - PIFSQN

• Banned
  • 898 posts
  • 203 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 January 2015 - 09:10 PM

You know, I was talking to it_rains_inside, and I noticed it was really fun to bounce back and forth.  I think it'd be a fun idea to do a "QA/Work life" podcast...Maybe monthly, audio only so our ninja identities are protected... where the collective we can just BS about whatever is gettin our goat, maybe a different "guest star" every time with a few regular hosts.  I think it's pretty easy to set up a podcast and itunes is free to download.   You'd need someone in charge to post the files and I'm down with "hosting" if anyone is up for it ..

The problem with the blog thing is that it seems like it's much easier to make a post than to separate it ... and the terms and conditions of the blogs say you can't be vulgar, so...there goes 50% of my act. 

Edited by magenta_majors, 16 January 2015 - 09:23 PM.

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 January 2015 - 09:42 PM

But aren't podcasts live?  With all of the different time zones, that could be a challenge or limit participation. 

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

fgjuadi

Grade - PIFSQN

• Banned
  • 898 posts
  • 203 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 January 2015 - 11:04 PM

But aren't podcasts live?  With all of the different time zones, that could be a challenge or limit participation. 

Some podcasts are live, but this imaginary one in my had def couldn't be. It would have to be edited to include intros, discussion time stamps, sound cues, etc.  Wouldn't work live

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users