• Quick Navigation
Photo

Details on Using a Contract Manufacturer?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic
- - - - -

afend

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 33 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:33 PM

Hello,

I am really hoping someone can give me advice over contract manufacturer.

The original owners of my snack food company are two brothers --one took the business into a retail store that produces and sells on the spot, the other brother chose direct to consumer route with a large production plant (both in the US). They both sell under the company name; however, the recipes, packaging, product names, etc. themselves are different. 

My plant had an SQF gap analysis recently and we were told to "review the contract and agreement" with this retail store. If the scope of our certification is limited to the products produced at the plant, would conducting audits at the retail store be enough to suffice? 

I would really appreciate any ideas, experiences, and advice.

Thank you! 

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 13 March 2015 - 01:11 PM

Please clarify if these are separate businesses and if you have any control over the retail store part?

Regards,

Tony

afend

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 33 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 13 March 2015 - 01:16 PM

We do not have control over the moment but are re-working some details of the contract to fit in with what would appease SQF.

Thank you for replying

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 13 March 2015 - 05:27 PM

We do not have control over the moment but are re-working some details of the contract to fit in with what would appease SQF.

Thank you for replying

It seems a little bit confusing! What was the scope of the 'gap analysis' (the scope of certification that you wish to achieve) is it for both parts of the business?

Regards,

Tony

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users