• IFSQN Senior
  • 250 posts
  • 63 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 May 2015 - 09:54 PM

Hello,

We are preparing for SQF certification.  In module 11, a "site plan" is referred to at several points.  My question is what all needs to be included in a site plan?

Does anyone have an example to share?

Thank you!

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 07 May 2015 - 05:37 AM

Hello,

We are preparing for SQF certification.  In module 11, a "site plan" is referred to at several points.  My question is what all needs to be included in a site plan?

Does anyone have an example to share?

Thank you!

From the guidance to module 11 -

11.1.2.1 The construction and ongoing operation of the premises on the site shall be approved by the relevant authority.
11.1.2 Implementation Guidance
What does it mean?
In most jurisdictions, the building and operation of the food premises is governed by local, state, and/or federal regulations.  The supplier must be familiar with the applicable regulations and ensure that relevant permits, approvals and notifications are in place.
What do I have to do?
Suppliers must check with local authorities to establish the requirements.  However plans and specifications submitted to a local authority for approval may include:  
•    Locality map showing the site in relation to the area;  
•    Site plan showing all salient features of the site and a description of adjoining sites including the location of the premises north compass points, roads, storm water, waste water;  
•    Floor  plans  showing  the  layout  of  the  premises,  processing  areas,  permanent  fixtures,  and  layout  of equipment;  
•    Details of major items of equipment used in the processing area;  
•    A diagram of product/process flow;  
•    Specifications generally include details of construction materials, surface finishes (walls, floors, ceilings, etc.), product contact surfaces, essential services and the number of personnel;  
•    Refrigeration equipment and operating temperatures of cold storage rooms, storage capacity and means of loading into and out of cold stores need also be included.  
All applicable certificates or inspection documents from local, state, federal or international governing agency shall be current and kept on file.
11.1.2  Auditing Guidance
The auditor shall be familiar with the regulatory requirements applicable to the site and check the certificates and inspection documents from the government agency.  
To determine compliance, the auditor must walk around the site, inside and out to determine if there are any outside factors that would impact the certified product. This would include potential threats from neighboring facilities or other environmental conditions.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 2 Members:

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,632 posts
  • 1135 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 08 June 2015 - 08:48 PM

A survey interlaced with exterior building schematic should do it. It will show all structures, roadways (think overhead shot for instance), waterways, waste alleys, encroachments, fencing, gates, etc.

We recently went out an extensive site plan with a client thru our eConsultant program and our Internal Auditor Training software as Food Defense inspections were based on the contents of the site plan including knowing who your neighbors are and what type of businesses they have that could impact your site.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Thanked by 1 Member:

AC2018

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 174 posts
  • 50 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 August 2019 - 05:51 PM

What kind of company would you recommend reaching out to to have this done? We have a building plan done by an architect at one time but it does not include our surroundings. Is this just done by a survey company?

Thank you!

A survey interlaced with exterior building schematic should do it. It will show all structures, roadways (think overhead shot for instance), waterways, waste alleys, encroachments, fencing, gates, etc.

We recently went out an extensive site plan with a client thru our eConsultant program and our Internal Auditor Training software as Food Defense inspections were based on the contents of the site plan including knowing who your neighbors are and what type of businesses they have that could impact your site.

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,632 posts
  • 1135 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 30 August 2019 - 03:26 AM

Your ownership should have a site plan. Your local building department may also have a site plan.

Find a survey company that does commerical buildings, land analysis, bordering details, etc.  A site plan will show easements, underground waterways, wells, overhead easements (like electric lines), fence lines, etc.  - it's like a 3D overhead shot of the entire property with the building lines shown - some show the neighbors and some companies simply go out and check to see who the neighbors are - we've had some interesting surprizes, like finding an old superfund site that was spilling chemicals into a stream that criss-crossed the clients property.  

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

AC2018

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member